Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Strong Enough

Title: Strong Enough
Series: Tall, Dark and Dangerous Book 1
Author: M. Leighton
Add to Goodreads

*Synopsis*
Is she strong enough to trust the most dangerous man she’s ever met? And is he strong enough to let her? 

How would I describe myself? Well, I’m Muse Harper. I’m a twenty-something painter who loves red wine, quirky movies, and men with a fatal flaw. But that was before I met Jasper King. He became my fatal flaw. Eight months ago, I had a choice to make—abandon everything I’ve ever known to protect my family, or stay and risk someone getting hurt. I chose the former. My plan was working just fine until I found out my father had gone missing.

That’s when I met Jasper. A bounty hunter with the eyes of a tiger and the nose of a bloodhound, he was supposed to help me find my father. What I didn’t know was that meeting him was no accident. Hunting people isn’t all that Jasper does. And helping me was only part of his plan. I just wish I’d found out sooner, before my heart got involved. But even then, I don’t know if I’d have done things differently.

Now, I have another choice to make—trust the man that I’m falling in love with and hope that he’ll do the right thing, or run as far away from him as I can get.
~BUY LINKS~


Muse hires Jasper to help find her father who has disappeared - or so she thinks. Jasper has his own agenda in the matter and is after her father for his own reasons. The attraction between them is instant, but Jasper's secrets hold him back from Muse and he won't get too close to her. 



I really enjoyed these characters, especially Jasper. He was the king of dirty talk and oh lawd it was hot. He didn't think he was good enough for someone as sweet as Muse but that couldn't stop him from taking what he craved. Muse was a really caring person and she was the type that walked around with her heart on her sleeve. I actually liked that about her and liked that she was so open with her feelings.

Despite how much I liked each of them, I had trouble connecting to Jasper and Muse as a couple. I just didn't feel the overwhelming sense of love with them. The end felt rushed and I was looking for a deeper connection between them by that point. I did like that Muse was able to help Jasper realize that he wasn't the monster he thought he was, though.

The plot was really interesting and the secrets that popped up added intrigue, but the way it played out was kind of confusing. I feel like there were some plot holes and I had trouble following along at times. Luckily my questions were answered by the end, but by that point I was already confused. I found myself putting the book down several times when I just got too annoyed with it.

Overall, this is a really interesting mystery with the added bonus of hot romance. I did have my problems with the story but still enjoyed most of it. I recommend it for anyone that likes a hot dirty talker and the thrill of mysteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment