Thursday, August 6, 2015

Beautiful Life

Title: Beautiful Life
Series: The Carpino Series Book 2
Author Brynne Asher
Add to Goodreads

*Synopsis*
Webster’s defines to heal as “to make healthy, whole or sound; restore to health, free from ailment.” But Webster’s also defines to heal as “to free from evil; cleanse; purify: to heal the soul.”

My soul is shattered.

I’m one hell of a mess because I need both and I don’t know how both can possibly happen. Sure, I know my body will heal. I understand the science of healing, it’s my profession. But I sense the ache in my heart and fear in my head will never heal. Can I ever recover from losing an unborn child at the hands of my abusive husband? Will I ever learn to think for myself again? No, I’ve been trained to fear those who are supposed to love me, conditioned to watch my every move and word so as to not suffer the consequences. I don’t think being healed will ever be a possibility for me.

Or I didn’t until Tony Carpino fixated himself in my life.

Tony is patient. Determined. He knows exactly what I need even before I do. He’s wants to give me everything, make my life beautiful when my life has always been ugly. But as perfectly determined and patient as he is, I don’t know if I can ever be whole again. It doesn’t matter how long I’ve wanted him…and I’ve wanted Tony Carpino for a long time.

This is a story of heartache and broken souls. A story of being exactly what the one you love needs when they need it, even if it goes against every being of your nature. Because love isn’t love unless it’s selfless. Can Tony love Leigh enough to heal the demons that haunt her broken soul and have the woman he missed out on years ago?
~BUY LINKS~


Leigh has finally gotten out from under her husbands controlling thumb and after a tragic incident has the courage to divorce him. Tony Carpino takes over her divorce and makes it his mission to help Leigh move on and start living life again. Even when Leigh tries to push him away, Tony isn't going to give up and plans to make Leigh his. 

Tony Carpino can make me his, any day! He was so possessive and caring and the epitome of a sweet Alpha. I loved how he didn't let Leigh push him away and stayed to help her fight her battles. She had to take time to recover from her past with her husband and he understood that. His methods of breaking down her resilience were so cute and I'm really mad that he's not a real person.

A lot of the book focused on Leigh's recovery and Tony helping her, which was great, but I did want a little more of Tony's story. Some of the romance felt rushed and like Tony was pushing Leigh to heal faster. Bottom line, this was a great story and I will definitely be waiting for more from Brynne Asher.

No comments:

Post a Comment