Monday, January 8, 2018

Under The Lights


Under The Lights
Bright Lights Duet 1
Tia Louise
January 8, 2018

Heroes don’t last long around here…

Fall in love with the sexiest girl in New Orleans?
Check.

Prepare to die for her?
Double-check.

Larissa is the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.
She’s the rising star of the Pussycat Angels, the hottest burlesque show in the French Quarter.

I’ll never forget the first time I saw her.
The curve of her breast outlined by sparkling rhinestones.
Slim hips wrapped in black fishnets.
Long, dark hair…

She’s the Dark Angel who stole my heart.
Her body is intoxicating, our love overwhelming.

Cat eyes and blood red lips.
Sizzling fingers on white-hot skin.
I couldn’t keep my hands off her…

But her fame had a dark side,
A sinister shadow lurking under the lights.

I would do anything to save her…
He would do anything to see me dead.



What I book! This book is brilliant. I read it in one sitting which is really good for me. I couldn't put it down. The story has my gripped from page one. This story is a lil different to what this author as done before. But I have to say I m really liked it. I loved the New Orleans vibe in it. 

Mark is a great character but I actually think that I like Lara the heroine more. Both characters have been through a hard time but Lara is living in the edge everyday. She doesn't know when her life is going to turn worst than it already is. My heart breaks for Lara and I understand what she has to do. Even though I don't want to have a happy life. She is beautiful caring and the most unselfish person there is. She always puts Molly before herself. Even when things were going good with Mark she would always have the plan that she needed to stick to in the back of her head. Even when Mark was the person she wanted more than ever she knew there time was going to be cut short. 

Mark is a really handsome guy. Hes strong sexy very protective of Lara and will do anything for her. Even though they hadn't met each other long. There attraction to each other was strong from the start. But life wouldn't be so easy for them. Mark wanted Lara to have her dream she just needed to get away for the life she was stuck in. It's was just hard for him to make it happen. Time wasn't on there side.

I really loved this book. I m dying for the next one. This is the first part of a duet. If the next book is anything like this one I know it's going to be brilliant. I m a huge fan of this author. Her writing is so good. I would highly recommend this book and her other books. Like I said this story is a little different from what she normally does but it really enjoyed. It's a little dark in places but I liked that. I really liked the relationship between Lara and Mark. I m dying to know what happens next after the way it ended. It's not a huge cliffhanger. But it will make you want the next book straight. I'm really looking forward to it. 


Under The Lights takes us to the dark side of a New Orleans Burlesque club, where what you see on stage is not always what it seems. Lara and Mark meet at the club, she a dancer and he a stage hand. Their connection is instant but Lara can't take the risk of being with him when her focus is on getting herself and her sister to a safer place than the club, and the only way to do that is with someone much richer than Mark. But Mark isn't ready to give up on Lara that easily and will follow her down the path of darkness in order to keep her safe. 

Holy hell I was not expecting this story to kick my ass the way it did. The intrigue and suspense of not knowing what exactly was happening behind closed doors had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I loved that the story captivated me so much and had me wanting to climb into the dark underground of New Orleans along with these characters. 

Mark and Lara were both amazing to learn about, and there is much more that I want to know in the next book. I'm dying to get my hands on their conclusion so I can finally see what they make of themselves. The way this ended broke my heart and had me screaming for more. Any book that can make me that crazy is a win in my book and one that I highly recommend. 

Up Next...


Pre-Order 

No comments:

Post a Comment