Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Something So Irresistible




Max Horton

They call me an outcast like it's a bad thing.
An asshole byproduct of a shitty upbringing. I don't care about anything except myself and my little sister.
I will always protect what’s mine.
With one year left on my hockey contract I'm keeping my head down and my eyes on the goal.
A collision, with her, changes my entire existence.

Allison Grant
Never fall in love with a sports star. That's what my stepfather always said. He told me athletes are complicated and moody—that the higher their paycheck, the lower their morals.
As public relations for the New York Stingers I know exactly what he means, but I can’t seem to say no to a friendship with one beautiful, damaged man.
What started out as hate turned into something else.
We tried to stay away, to keep our distance, but the pull was too strong.
Something forbidden turned into something so irresistible.


I was a lil worried about this book but dying for it at the same time. I really didn't like Max in the last book. He was just so horrible and made Matthews life hell. So at the end when I found out it was goin to be Allison and Max's story I was shocked. But I have to ask it was really good I enjoy it so much. Allison is a great character and Max really did surprise me. Plus he's sexy that really helped. 

Allison is the princess of her family. Even at 23 her dad and brother are so over protective over her it's crazy. I have to say it would annoy me so much. But she did deal with it well. She has the men in her life wrapped around her finger. She has worked hard to get where she is. So when a new jobs keep up as the new PR for the team she is shocked she is asked. But jumped at the chance it is just what she wanted. Even if she had to deal with Max Horton.

Max is a character there are parts where you luv him then you can hate him a second later. Like said I was worried about his character in this book. But I was so shocked he wasn't the guy I thought he would be. He's actually caring kind and luving in ways. He still has a smart mouth and can be a total pain in the butt. But overall it's like he has grew up in this book. No different women every nite or causing trouble he needs a good year. He need a new contract. It's just been made harder when the new PR is Allison Grant his enemies sister. 

The love and hate relationship these to had was so good and really hot. The sexual chemistry was so high throughout this book. They just made a great couple even with the name calling and arguing. Max had it bad for Allison straight away. He started being protective straight away. It mite not of come across that way to her. I just really liked the banter for between them. 

I did really enjoyed this book. But I found that I wanted a lil more at the end. I felt like the reaction to there relationship was cut a lil short. I wanted more of that. I was dying for that throughout the whole book and only really really got a few chapters of it. Don't get me wrong it was really good I just wanted more and I would recommend. I really liked the writing, story and I really luv the characters in this series there just great. Overall a great book. 






I had no idea what to expect from this book. When you have a character like Max that was introduced as such a douche, it's hard to imagine him being able to be redeemed. But this book came in and proved that first impressions can be wrong and that a character isn't always what you think. 

It didn't start out as an easy journey for these two but by the end I was completely in love with Max and Allison. Getting to know Max for who he really was, and how he was so sweet with Allison made this book my favorite of this series. There was some amazing tension between them that kept me on the edge of my seat waiting for them to finally stop ignoring that chemistry. 

There's was actually more of a slow burn type of book since they made me wait so long to see them together, but I really liked that about the story. I felt like it kept everything realistic since they didn't just jump into a relationship after not liking each other much in the beginning. Plus seeing their friendship was just as entertaining as their relationship. 




When her nose isn't buried in a book, or her fingers flying across a keyboard writing, she's in the kitchen creating gourmet meals. You can find her, in four inch heels no less, in the car chauffeuring kids, or possibly with her husband scheduling his business trips. It's a good thing her characters do what she says, because even her Labrador doesn't listen to her...

Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment