Friday, September 25, 2015

The Air He Breathes




Title: The Air He Breathes
Author: Romance Elements #1
Cover Design: Brittainy C. Cherry
Genre: Romance
 Release Date: September 25, 2015



*Synopsis*

I was warned about Tristan Cole.

“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”

It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.

But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.

We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.

Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.






~Purchase Links~

AMAZON US / UK



Elizabeth has lost her husband an year ago after an accident. She feels empty, but she is trying to move on for Emma's sake, her little daughter.

Tristan is a shattered man. He has lost both the love of his life and his son, Charlie. Now, he doesn't care about anyone else. He has no reason to live.

Everyone tells Emma to stay away from Tristan, that he will just hurt her. But she sees something in him, she feels close to him in some ways.

Will they be able to mend each other? Will they be able to start living again? 

To say that I was anxious before reading this book was an understatement. I had seen just 5 star reviews and being the picky b*tch I am lately, I was scared I wouldn't like it.

As soon as I started reading it, I forgot about EVERYTHING because I was immediately pulled in. 


I finished it at night and I couldn't sleep, because I couldn't stop thinking about the story. My heart felt so full of emotions that I thought it was going to explode.

If you've read the blurb, I'm sure you think that this is an emotional and sad book. Yes, this is an emotional read that will pull on your heartstrings and that will make you shed a few tears here and there, but this isn't a depressing read at all.

This is a story of second chances, of starting to live again when you think your life is over.

This is a story that will fill your heart with joy and hope. 



You know that place in between nightmares and dreams?
The place where tomorrows never come and yesterdays don't hurt anymore? 
The place where your heart beats in sync with mine? 
The place where time doesn't exist, and it's easy to breathe? 
I want to live there with you.


The writing was amazing and I highlightened like crazy. 
I know that a book is good when I shed a few tears just because the story is so powerful that I can't control my feelings. 

This goes straight to my Top list of books of the 2015. I LOVED this one so much and I can't recommend it enough.




~Author Bio~

Brittainy Cherry has been in love with words since the day she took her first breath. She graduated from Carroll University with a Bachelors Degree in Theatre Arts and a minor in Creative Writing. She loves to take part in writing screenplays, acting, and dancing--poorly of course. Coffee, chai tea, and wine are three things that she thinks every person should partake in! Brittainy lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with her family. When she's not running a million errands and crafting stories, she's probably playing with her adorable pets.


~Author Links~

No comments:

Post a Comment