Wednesday, January 13, 2021

The Fourth Time Charm



“Are you sleeping with my daughter?” 

Not the question I wanted to hear from my coach. The man holding my pro future in the palm of his hand. 

The answer: No, sir.

The real answer: I’d sure as hell like to be.

Marisa’s been my best friend since third grade. And now she needs my help--and a place to stay. Senior year was supposed to be the year to keep some distance until the season finished and my draft prospects were safe. 

But resisting her is becoming impossible. Movie Thursdays under the blankets. Study sessions on my bed. Wild party nights where I kept any guy interested at bay with a single glare. 

Her dad can bench my ass for the entire season, so she’s off limits--for now. 

She’s the only woman I’ve ever loved. And one heated night, I can’t stop fighting every cell in my body and can’t stop myself from sampling her sexy smile, her sweet smell, and her sultry curves. 

We’re walking a tightrope with my future on the line. Let’s just make sure Coach doesn’t find out...


Enter Goodreads Paperback Giveaway



I finished this book last night and I'm still thinking about these characters because I just loved them so hard. Marisa and LJ were so amazing together and I'm not usually a huge fan of friends-to-lovers romances but I was a huge fan of them and they made this book a really fun read.

I really enjoyed that they didn't just fall into a romantic relationship easily and instead they both kind of struggled with their feelings at times. It made the story feel very real and made it easy to connect to them as a couple and as separate characters. I adored how they were together even as just friends because they never failed to put a smile on my face.

I liked Marisa and LJ as side characters and all the little hints we got of them in the previous books had me dying to get their story and now I can say without a doubt that it was so worth the wait. I'm pretty sure I smiled the entire time I was reading this book even during the moments that I wanted to just shake both Marisa and LJ and make them see how right they were for each other. Bottom line, this book is amazing and I definitely recommend giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment