Tuesday, May 21, 2019

The Assistant


The Assistant
Marni Mann
May 21, 2019

At forty-two, I’m married to my best friend, and we have two beautiful children. 
Everything about my life is perfect until my father gets sick.

Before: I owned and operated a massively successful women’s shapewear company.
After: I stay home with my family because I’ve learned the importance of time.

Before: My husband could rely on me to take care of everything.
After: I hire him the perfect assistant.

My entire life can be summed up in before and afters, but something happens in the middle.
A meeting.
And it changes the course of everyone’s lives forever. 



God I really don't know where to start with this review. I'm not long after finishing and I feel like these characters are going to be with me for a while. This author really knows how to get your emotions going. I'm all over the place right now I was happy, sad, crying and angry without this book. I really loved Jesse from the start of this book she is a great character and such a strong woman. By the end of the book I loved her even more. This woman isn't like anything I have ever read she is the most unselfish person ever. Do I think what she did was right in not sure to be honest. But I really do understand why she choose to do it. So she did what she had to do. But this woman is a great mother wife and best friend. She is a true protector and is just amazing. 

Emery ok this guy is great but I'm a lil on the fence about him. Ye he's sexy a great husband and dad. But there is just something that I didn't get about him. It really kills me to say it but it could be that I was just so sucked in by Jesse that she took over for me. I did love that he loved his wife more than everything she was his world they were college sweethearts and even after having 2 children they were still got for each other. I really do love them as a couple. 

I don't want to really say to much in my review cause it would spoil the story and you really don't want to have this book spoiled you HAVE to read it. This author always puts so much emotion in her books. They are so well written and the twist his the twist is just crazy brilliant and so do unexpected Marni Mann your amazing. I would highly recommend this book this story is beautiful, emotional, deep, engaging and brilliant. 



No comments:

Post a Comment