Friday, April 26, 2019

I Promise You




Title: I Promise You
Series: Dare #2
Author: Shantel Tessier
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 26, 2019
Blurb

It was supposed to be a game.
I Dare You.
We brought her in 'cause I wanted to play with her. 
Destroy her.
But plans change and she got caught in the cross fire. 
Then I did something far worse. I fell in love with her, but she doesn't know I still have secrets.
Ones that could rip us all apart. 
We're sharks.
Raised to hunt and kill.
We take what we want without asking.
We've never needed permission, so I'm not about to start now.
You think you know everything, but we're about to do what we do best and prove you wrong-I Promise You!


Purchase Links
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited


After I finished I Dare You I was excited to get more of these Sharks. There was still a lot left unsaid about all of them and I needed to know their secrets. But then I realized that I Promise You was a story that was still going to mainly focus on Cole and Austin and that's where my nervousness about it started. I already got their ending, or so I thought, so I just wasn't super excited to go into this book and get more of them. But in the end I can say that I was pretty happy with it. 

**If you haven't read I Dare You this is where you stop.** 

So this book starts off where the previous one ended right before the epilogue. Strike that, actually it starts off with a past scene from Deke, but then the first present scene is after Austin was shot. And this is also where my nitpicking came in because if I Dare You had ended on a cliffhanger at that scene, I would have been all over this book and loving it. But we got an epilogue that explained some things that had happened after she was revived and taken to the hospital. So then it had this entire book feeling, well pointless in a way. I already knew a lot of what was going to happen so it wasn't a big suspense to get to those points. 

There were also times that the book went back to a scene that we already saw or heard about in the previous book and would show it from a different POV. Which I'm just not a big fan of in general since scenes like that just don't intrigue me all that much. Yes, it's form a different perspective, but I still know what's going to happen. Honestly the biggest thing that intrigued me about this book was what was going on with Becky and Deke. I was already really curious about their story and now I'm even more so. 

As for Cole and Austin, it was sort of their story, but for the most part there wasn't anymore romance between them. It was mostly Cole doing his own thing to help Austin and then some secrets revealed about other people. So it's a little hard to say if there was a main character or couple of the book at all.

The book wasn't a total loss for me since there were some other things that had me captivated and I was definitely on the edge of my seat at times wondering where this author was going with the story. Overall, I do think it was a good story and that it sets up Deke's book pretty well so I definitely recommend it.


Author Bio


Shantel is a Texas born girl who now lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma with her high school sweetheart, who is a wonderful, supportive husband and their two daughters. She loves to spend time cuddled up on the couch with a good book.

She considers herself extremely lucky to get to be a stay at home wife and mother. Going to concerts and the movies are just a few of her favorite things to do. She hates coffee, but loves wine. She and her husband are both huge football fans, college and NFL. And she has to feed her high heel addiction by shopping for shoes weekly.

Although she has a passion to write, her family is most important to her. She loves spending evenings at home with her husband and daughters, along with their cat and dog.

Make sure to follow her on all social media sites!



Author Links




No comments:

Post a Comment