Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Beautiful Sinner


Beautiful Sinner
Devil's Rock Book 5
Sophie Jordan
October 30, 2018


Locked in with the town bad boy . . .

Most women would be scared, but Gabriella’s only worried about resisting Cruz Walsh, who’s even hotter than he was back in high school. Cruz was wrongly accused of the high-profile crime for which he was imprisoned; Gabriella’s desperate for the scoop that will get her career off the ground and get her out of Sweet Hill, where everyone still remembers her as “Flabby Gabby.” Being stuck in a supply closet with Cruz is the perfect opportunity to land an interview. What Bri doesn’t count on is Cruz taking “up-close and personal” to a whole new level.

If there’s a silver lining to the hell Cruz went through, it’s that losing his freedom put everything in perspective. Maybe starting over someplace new would be easier, but after years locked up, Cruz values his family—and his true friends—more than ever. So he’s back home, facing the gossip, dodging reporters . . . and face-to-face with Gabriella Rossi. They’ve both changed: Bri wants a story and Cruz just wants her. Another thing he’s learned? Don’t let a good thing slip away.



Beautiful Sinner was my first book from Sophie Jordan, and my introduction tot he Devil's Rock series. I seem to have a habit of jumping into series without reading them in order, but this blurb really caught my attention and couldn't wait to catch up with the series to read it. Which I'm happy I didn't because I really enjoyed this book. 

Gabby and Cruz both have a past that still haunts them, Gabby's from her High School days and Cruz's from his being sentenced for a crime he didn't commit. Back in the town they grew up in they're looking for a chance to redeem themselves and move forward. And what better way to do that than together. 

I loved the slow burn type of romance that Cruze and Gabby had, and it brought all the sexual tension to their story. There was so much to learn about them and it had me captivated and excited to dig deeper into their characters. There were some flashbacks to their High School days that I actually really enjoyed. I felt like the characters were very well developed and those extra parts from their past helped with that. And in the present I was rooting them on and sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for them to finally give in to the chemistry between them. 

Overall, I found this book to be very enjoyable and it's one I would recommend. I didn't have a problem reading it before the previous books in the series so I'd say it could be read as a standalone. Though I do plan on going back and reading more of this author since I liked this books so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment