Monday, May 7, 2018

Bad Boy Brody


Bad Boy Brody
Tijan
May 7, 2018

One punch took him from Hollywood’s Golden Boy to Bad Boy Brody.

The media didn’t care he was grieving his brother’s death. They descended on him, but to change his reputation, his manager got him a deal.

Act in an indie film, one that already had Oscar buzz, and he’d get the movie roles he needed to secure his future.

He took the deal.

Yet he wasn’t prepared for the real-life people behind the script. He wasn’t prepared for the murder the movie was based on. And he really wasn’t prepared for her, the biggest secret of all.

She was wild. She was beautiful. She defied gravity.

But was she the leading role that would tame him?





Bad Boy Brody is a book I'm not honestly sure I know how to describe. Morgan and Brody were very different characters and I wasn't too sure at first if they would mix together very well but I was proved wrong about that. They had some really interesting chemistry and after a few scenes together I could tell that they had the kind of connection that would keep them together through anything. Which I really liked about them and this story. 

I did struggle with Morgan's character though. I can honestly say I've never read a character like her before, which in the end was a good thing, but throughout the book there were moments that I just didn't understand her. She lived with wild horses, which I thought was cool, but sometimes the way she was being portrayed was a little too odd for me. Like how she supposedly had super hearing or something making me almost think this book was taking a weird paranormal turn and she was really a were-horse (joking by the way). 

The added drama at the end also kind of confused me because I felt like everything that was being hinted at during the story was then contradicted by the ending. There were extra storylines and randomness just being thrown in there at the end it seemed and it kind of lost my interest a bit.

Overall, I can definitely say that this is one of the most unique books I've read in a very long time. There were a lot of things I liked about it and there were some things that I didn't like but in the end it was a story that kept me intrigued. If you're looking for something probably out of your comfort zone, this is the book I would recommend.



No comments:

Post a Comment