Thursday, February 15, 2018

I Can Explain


I Can Explain 
Missy Johnson
Awkward Love Book 2
February 15, 2018

Standing on the balcony, outside my boss’s apartment, wearing only my underwear? 

Not how I expected to start my Saturday morning. 

I guess I should’ve thought harder about going home with my sexy new gym instructor, especially since I had no idea the guy was married. 

When he pushed me outside five seconds before his wife walked through the door, I jumped one balcony over. I thought it would be less embarrassing for a total stranger to find me than his wife. 

That was a smart move. 

So here I am, wearing next to nothing and freezing my ass off, staring through the living room window at my young, sexy, and very intimidating boss, Chase Winston. 

I have two choices: I can sit here and try to think of another way out of this and risk dying of hypothermia. Or I can suck it up and knock on that window. 

After a long, internal argument with myself, I choose option two. 

Here goes nothing.



I Can Explain was a well written and intriguing story following Alana and some very awkward encounters she has with her boss, Chase. I liked Alana okay, there were times I just couldn't connect to her character but I didn't have any actual problem with her. There were many moments that she had me laughing at the situations she would get herself in and I liked that as a whole it felt like a very fun and light book.

My issues came mostly from Chase and the fact I didn't particularly like his character. I honestly can't pinpoint what exactly it was about him that just didn't sit well with me but I had a hard time with him and it made the connection between him and Alana nonexistent for me. I struggled with his character so it lessened how much I enjoyed this story but overall it didn't make me hate it.

Also available




No comments:

Post a Comment