Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Drive


Drive
Kate Stewart
October 13, 2017

Music . . . the heart’s greatest librarian.

The average song is three and a half minutes long; those three and a half minutes could lead to a slow blink, a glimpse of the past, or catapult the soul into heart-shattering nostalgia.

At the height of my career, I had the life I wanted, the life I’d always envisioned. I’d found my tempo, my rhythm. Then I received a phone call that left me off key.

You see, my favorite songs had a way of playing simultaneously. I was in love with one man’s beats and another’s lyrics. But when it came to the soundtrack of a life, how could anyone choose a favorite song? So, to erase any doubt, I ditched my first-class ticket and decided to take a drive, fixed on the rearview.

Two days.

One playlist.

And the long road home to the man who was waiting for me.



This is the first book I read from this author and I don't know why cause this book was brilliant. I'm a big rock star fan so I knew I would enjoy but I loved everything about it. The story was so good I couldn't get enough of it. I really liked the way the book was written; the playlist was just prefect and went with the book so well. 

Stella is a great character she really so quirky and fun she tell things how they are she is so confident. I love her music t-shirt just like everyone else. Her story is so good but heart breaking at the same time. She goes through so much and all she want is to write about her love music. Moving to Austin Texas to start university was what she wanted and to work up to be a journalist in music. She knew it would be hard but she was strong and knew she could it if she tried. After having her heart broke by her musician boyfriend she didn't want to have any man near her. She just just had planned on liking Reid her sisters best friend and the most annoying men ever. 

Reid is very sexy but there is something dark about him. Life growing up for Reid wasn't easy and now he is older life is still kicking him in the butt. He didn't have many people he could rely on and he was very hard on himself. Reid wasn't in a good place when he met Stella and they didn't really get on. But Stella being Stella she could see when someone needed help and she knew Reid needed help, only Reid doesn't take help well. Then spending time together starts an attraction that was good and bad. Reid wasn't in a good place and Stella could only see good in him. 

Stella knew she wanted to work at Austin Speaks as soon as she seen it. Only they were a small paper but she has to start somewhere she just had to get Nate the owner to give a chance. Stella just didn't imagine Nate to be this smoking hot guy. There was attraction instantly between they. But Stella wanted the job more only the attraction was sometimes to hard to fight.

This love story was so good and bad at the same time. A Love triangle is always hard for me cause I always fall for one of the men more. This is what happened in this book like I knew it would I was torn between Nate and Reid through this whole book. I was dying to get to the end to see how this story would go. I loved how the story went but I m still not sure if I m happy with who got the girl. Even though I loved both men they were so different but it's hard not to fall for both of them. This made the story so good me and the way it was written had me on the edge throughout. I really enjoyed it. I would highly recommend this book. I loved everything about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment