Sunday, February 12, 2017

Come Closer

Title: Come Closer 
Author: Brenda Rothert
Publication Date: February 7, 2017

Sometimes appearances deceive. Take me, for instance. I look like a respectable doctor with his shit together, but the rural Montana mental hospital I work at is actually a sanctuary from my demons. At just thirty-five years old, I’ve already failed on an epic scale. Treating patients at Hawthorne Hill is part of my atonement. 

I’ve found peace when a new patient turns me inside out. Allison Cole is a beautiful, haunted survivor who fell into silence after witnessing a murder. But even without words, I’m drawn to her. The closer we get, the more I’m tempted to cross my professional boundaries and give in to my desire. 

Soon I find myself in a desperate race to put the pieces of Allison’s silence together. Her life becomes inextricably entwined with mine as I fight to save the second chance I never thought I’d have. I’ll break whatever rules I have to in order to protect this woman who’s been to hell and back. For her, I’ll do harm. 




Daniel Delgado works at a mental hospital as a physician, and he loves his work. More than that, he feels like this is where he should be to keep his own demons away. But when Allison Cole comes in as a patient after seeing her sister murdered in cold blood, work becomes much harder for him. She's his patient and that means he can't have feelings for her as more than her Doctor, except his heart is telling him something much different. 

I honestly wasn't sure about this book when I was starting because I didn't know how I would feel about the whole Doctor/patient thing, but I'm extremely happy I didn't let that deter me from reading this. The forbidden connection Daniel and Allison shared was brilliantly addicting and I loved seeing them together. The small caresses and secret glances was enticing, and I loved it. 

Brenda Rothert also portrayed these characters amazingly well and I loved that there were many different characters featured. It wasn't so many that you got annoyed, but there were a lot of secondary characters that added to the story. And the added suspense was beyond perfect. I won't say more than that, though.

Bottom line, do yourself a favor and read this book. These characters will have you falling in love and their story will make your heart pound. More than a recommend from me, imagine me screaming at you to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment