Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Vicious

Title: Vicious
Series: Sinners of Saint #1
Author: L.J. Shen
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date:  January 1, 2017 On Sale $0.99 through January 13, 2017


Emilia
They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true. 
The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares. 
He is a brilliant lawyer. 
A skilled criminal. 
A beautiful liar. 
A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover. 
Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him. 
Vicious
She is a starving artist. 
Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom. 
Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down. 
She paid the price. 
Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate. 
That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t. 
So she hates me. Big fucking deal. 
She better get used to me.

“If you're looking for a book that's a little bit dark, a little bit twisted, with a character driven story that leaves you panting more than once, Vicious is it.” - 5 Obsessed Stars - Reader Review
“Absolutely amazing book! You will never find another guy like Vicious and you will never find another book like this ever.”- Tongan Book Lover 5 Stars
“Christ. Just Christ. The naughty bits are hot and steamy, the love story is unique for sure, and the writing is fucking epic because LJ Shen.” - Mells View 5 Stars

“You’re pissing me off,” she said quietly, her eyes still searching my face.

“And that’s turning me on,” I retorted, my voice flat. “So you might wanna tone down the hate glares if you don’t wanna find yourself being fucked on this desk with the blinds still open.” 

I was still staring at my screen, working on the merger deal I was eager to get signed before Christmas, but I could see from my peripheral that she had paled. I liked how—once again—I’d gotten under her skin. Quickly.

“You’re disgusting,” she muttered, still staring at me—but not in a way that suggested she was appalled. 

I cracked my neck, opening my browser and checking the stocks on the screen, skimming through the greens and the reds. “That may well be, but I’m balls deep in your fucking head, Help, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

Her eyes glittered with rage, and fuck, I was so hard, and fuck, she was so beautiful. This was so on. I was going to fuck Dean’s ex-girlfriend, use her for my personal needs, and toss her away when I was done.

And after choosing the wrong guy, there was no doubt in my mind, she deserved it too. 

“You just gave Floyd a lecture about the inter-office fraternization policy. No mixing business and pleasure.” She leaned forward. Her elbow touched my finger accidentally, and she jerked it away. 

I met her halfway, erasing the space between us across the desk. “Correction—guys like Floyd won’t give you pleasure. Men like me would. Besides, the man likes Arrow,” I drawled, as if this alone was a reason to fire him. 

To me, it was.

“You know what your problem is, Vicious? You still haven’t decided if you hate me or like me. That’s why you act like this every time I’m around other men.” There wasn’t a trace of embarrassment in her voice. She owned up to this. 

What she didn’t know was that I knew exactly how I felt about her.

I hated her, but was attracted to her. It was really that simple.

“You know what I feel right now, Ms. LeBlanc? I feel like you need to pack a fucking bag and start making the necessary arrangements. You’re coming with me to California, whether you like it or not.”


What is it about L.J Shen's writing that makes me fall for these asshole Heroes? I honestly don't have an answer for it but whatever it is, I love it! I'm a sucker for an asshole Hero but Ms. Shen takes her jerks to a whole new level and somehow still makes me adore them. And the best part is that she doesn't change them throughout the story. 

They start out as jerks and they stay jerks, and I know that may sound really strange but I love it. Vicious definitely had a character development and he grew from and unfeeling person to one that actually accepted what he felt, but he never lost that unpredictable personality. He was always doing things that I would kick a real-life man in the balls for, but when it came to his character I didn't mind it at all, it actually made him more interesting. 

Emilia was nothing like Vicious, and I will admit that there were times that I wanted to see her fight back and show some kind of backbone, but I never hated her. Her connection with Vicious was just so strong that I understood why she stayed. Even when I didn't fully get how she could let him treat her like he did, I could also see that she and Vicious were just meant to be together. 

This isn't your typical love story but it's one that if you read and connect with, you will see the love between these characters. It's just a little gritty and Vicious is more than a little twisted, but I think it's great that it isn't the usual type of romance story. If you're looking for something to change up what you're used to, then this needs to be your next read. Vicious and Emilia and definitely characters worth meeting and this story is highly recommended by me.


This book was AMAZING. It's one of my favorite books of this year. I couldn't put this down once I started it. I first got a bit of Baron Vicious Spencer in Defy. What was amazing as well. Vicious want really had an easy life He lost his mum at 9. His dad and step mum didn't really care about him. But Vicious was the king even in high school. So u can image what he was like when he was grown up. Vicious was arrogant strong big headed and sexy as hell. He didn't care what people thought of him. There were 3 people that he only cared about and that was his Hotholes. They have been together since high school and have been together ever since. Vicious was also very hot with the woman. They would do anything to get a piece of him. But there was only one woman who catch his eye and that was Emilia LaBlanc. They had a luv and hate relationship between them he was so mean to her she never understood why. This made her hate him so much but it was hard to hate a man that made her hot with every look he gave her. 

Emilia is a strong caring and loving girl. She didn't come from a privilege upbringing like so the other kids at All Saints Todos Santo. Her mum and dad to the cooks and caretakers at Vicious estate. Vicious never let her forget about it. The only thing at got her through his 've so was that after school she was out of there. Emilia was a great artist and she had dreams but plans never really go the way I want them to specially when Vicious was so far away. 

This story had my hooked from the very start. It was brilliant. I got sucked into Vicious's just like Emilia did. I made me laugh at his arrogance he really didn't care at all. He had me angry at the way he was with Emilia I just wanted her to dump him he didn't deserve her at all. Then he had me a hot mess good he was so sexy the way he cause handle himself was hot really hot. Deep down I could tell he wasn't so cold hearted he luvd Emilia so much but there to many things haunting him. He didn't think he could ever luv anyone bar his mum Jamie Trent and Dean they were the only people he ever cared for. 

I could go on on about this book there was nothing that I didn't like. I 've read everything book by this author and her work just keeps getting better and better. She know how to made me fall for an here bad boys but Vicious is that best and I think he mite just have moved to the top and there want been a character that as done that in a long time. I highly recommend this book honestly u won't regret it. There was drama, so things that shocked me, some beauty parts and some hotness. Emilia and Vicious story is brilliant and I can't wait good more of these Hotholes. 


L.J. Shen resides in sunny California with her husband, son, chubby cat and wild, wild dreams.
Her passion is to write badass stories, sushi, UFC and her awesome family and friends (not in this order, though. Obviously, sushi comes before writing. Oh, and also the family part.)

She spend the first half of her twenties traveling the world and is now paying all the fun with extra shifts in front of her MacBook. Feel free to contact her on her Facebook page. She loves to hear from her readers.



  Head over to LJ's Facebook Page for multiple giveaway


HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment