Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Hunt the Dawn


Out of darkness and danger...

You can’t hide your secrets from Lathan Montgomery—he can read your darkest memories. And while his special abilities are invaluable in the FBI’s hunt for a serial killer, he has no way to avoid the pain that brings him. Until he is drawn to courageous, down-on-her-luck Evanee Brown and finds himself able to offer her something he’s never offered another human being: himself.

Dawns a unique and powerful love

Nightmares are nothing new to Evanee Brown. But once she meets Lathan, they plummet into the realm of the macabre. Murder victims are reaching from beyond the grave to give Evanee evidence that could help Lathan bring a terrifying killer to justice. Together, they could forge an indomitable partnership to thwart violence, abuse, and death—if they survive the forces that seek to tear them apart.

BUY THE BOOK:


Yet again I am left speechless after reading this authors work. I said it before, and I will say it again, Abbie Roads has the something special that takes her from being a good author to a spectacular one. Hunt the Dawn went above and beyond my expectation and amazed me with how well the mix of paranormal, suspense, thriller, and romance could all come together. 

Evanee Brown has nothing except her car, her job at a rundown diner, and her place at a hotel that also rents rooms by the hour. She wants to leave town and leave behind her dark and painful past but she still has ties to the town and hasn't yet worked up the courage to leave. She immediately regrets that decision one night when her past comes back to haunt her. Well, until Lathaniel Montgomery comes to her rescue that is. 

She doesn't know what it is but with Lathan she feels safe for the first time in forever and she doesn't want to leave that feeling. And for Lathan, Evanee makes him feel protected and while around her, his abilities aren't as out of control as usual. But being together also brings out an ability Evanee didn't know she possessed and now her dreams are becoming way too real. 

"You've met your protector."

My heart was absolutely breaking for these characters during some parts of this book and I loved that I felt such a strong connection to both of them. Reading about Lathan and Evanee felt like I was in a dream and watching everything that was going on. I honestly don't even think I can fully describe what this reading experience was like because this book truly did suck me in and took me for one crazy ride. 

The story was dark and a little twisted but also amazingly sweet and romantic. I will never know how Abbie was able to pull off mixing two very different things together and put them in the same book all while having it make sense. Sure suspense and romance goes together a lot, but this was more than that. It was raw and powerful and so intriguing I never wanted it to end. 

I loved the mix of the paranormal in this story and it definitely added the uniqueness to it. Lathan's ability to smell memories was something I've never read about before and it was fun to have something new to explore. I found Lathan very captivating and just when I thought I knew all there was to know about him I would be proved wrong by another secret popping up. There wasn't even just one thing about him that made me like his character so much, it was just him as a whole. 

Evanee, for me, was a good character but I did find myself wishing that I knew more about her. I liked that she was strong and didn't run when things got weird with Lathan and his abilities. The fact that she stuck around made me like her, but as previously stated, I did want to know more about her and her past. Though how she was in the present and how she reacted to everything going on is what drew me to her character. 

Bottom line, Hunt the Dawn is gripping and gritty, and something you need to read. Lathan and Evanee will grab on to your heart and not let go until the very last page, and it is the best reading experience I've had all year. It was like I felt everything they felt, and even the moments I thought my heart would actually break were worth it. Even with feeling like I needed more information on Evanee, I'm giving this book five stars. It's just that good. 

Fatal Dreams #1 Also Available! 

No comments:

Post a Comment