Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Debt


Title: Debt
Author: Jessica Gadziala
Publication Date: July 5, 2016

I was just supposed to be helping my father settle his debt, work out a payment plan, set things right. 

Little did I know that cold, calculating, dangerous Byron St. James didn't want his money back. Oh, no. He wanted me as payment...

* This is a 'jerk who redeems himself' story. And make no mistake, our hero IS a jerk to the heroine for a good part of the book. If that isn't your thing, this might not be the book for you.





I was really looking forward to this book an I loved that I didn't know much about this book before I read it and I wasn't disappointed. I just knew that whatever the author did was going to be good. I've read most of her books and loved everyone she really knows how to write a great story and bring out the most in her characters. This book was just the same but I did find it a lil predictable in parts but I did like the flow of the story so it didn't really bother me 

I found Byron to be a very strong Alpha character which I really liked and him being very sexy just made him even better he can also be very annoying in parts as,well but I found that Prue could handle him just fine Prue as had to be quiet strong as well at a young age but there both strong in different ways what I did enjoy in this book was how the characters both changed they both changed for the better an when they got together they were so good but things can't alway be simple 

I enjoyed this book it was nice to have something different from this author an I would highly recommend her books an I would this book as well I love her work xxx 


When I heard this author was going to do a new book that's not connected to any of the Henchmen, I was beyond excited. Not to say that I don't like those books, but getting something new from a favorite author is always an exciting adventure. I've loved everything that Jessica Gadziala has written so far and I just knew that this would be an amazing book. It was unlike anything I've ever read by her, but she knocked this new story out of the park. It may have been out of her comfort zone but you would never know that. Her writing was flawless, as always, and while reading Debt you'd think she's written many books like this one. 

This is marketed as an asshole hero who changes his ways, and it is that. But the amazing thing about the book is that fact that Byron doesn't change too much. He's honestly just an asshole through the whole book, what changed the most was the way I felt about him. At first I wanted to hate him with all my passion, but as the book went on I couldn't help but love him. His personality grew a little softer as the story progressed but there was no sudden change of character. Basically, the guy you met at the beginning was the same one you said goodbye to at the end. And that's what I loved about him, he was who he was with no shame. 

I liked Prue's character a lot, even if I found her to be a little annoying at times. When she finally spoke up and stopped lurking in the shadows she was really sassy and strong. I liked that she didn't let Byron push her around too much and learned to take what she wanted. For such a young girl she held a lot of responsibilities, and I enjoyed how she never complained about that fact. She just accepted it and made the best of her situation.

Overall, this book is a definite recommend from me. If you love Jessica Gadziala you'll be pleasantly surprised with her new storyline. And if you've never read her before this is a great book to introduce you to her style of writing, which is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment