Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Ten


Title: Ten (My Brother’s Best Friend)

Author: Ker Dukey

Released: December 20, 2015

Cover Design: Pink Ink Designs

Photographer: Clyph Jean Philippe

Model: Kyle Nelson




Ten years old I fell in love
Ten years was the price of that love
Ten years later our world’s re-collide
Alexandria (Alex)
My brother Jonah was possessive when it came to the things he owned; this unfortunately included the people in his life. The forbidden love between his best friend and me was just that… forbidden.
Our families were from different walks of life and as a sheriff’s daughter being with a Moore’s kid would never be tolerated. To my parents their son and Dalton Moore were on different paths and their friendship would end as soon as college began but it was my brother who had a craving for trouble. He was always looking for danger, committing petty crimes and getting away with it because Dalton would take the fall, blackening his already stained name. When Jonah found out we broke the rules by loving each other, his consequences impacted us all with immeasurable suffering.
Betrayal comes with a debt and it would be paid by all of us.
One with their heart,
one with their mind
and one would pay in blood.
Alexandria (Alex) 

Soul mates, 
not everyone believes they exist, but that’s because they have never met theirs. 
How can someone who has never felt a connection so fierce, that you feel the power of it in every molecule of your being, believe such an thing exists? 
How can you explain to them that the jolt that ignites every nerve ending in your body is like the sky crackling and exploding with lightening before it joins with the earth for the briefest yet most magnificent of moments, displaying the true force of nature’s power? 

When that one person you were created with, comes into your life, you know without any doubt that they’re yours and you are theirs. It’s nature in its truest form. There is nothing more natural then falling in love with your soul mate. 

True love Is like an out of body experience, you transcend before crashing back into your body seeing life through new eyes. 
You don’t just find your soul mate; you reunite with them with intensity so powerful nothing can stop it. A love so potent you feel it in the atmosphere, and you see it in their aura. 

Dalton Moore was my soul mate and I lived to love him.  
He was in my every childhood memory. 
Every dream I conjured. 
He was every good decision I made…

But for him… 

I was in his every childhood memory. 
Every nightmare he slipped into.
I was the worst decision he ever made.
Alex met the love of her life at only ten years old. When Dalton moved in across the street from her, her whole life changed and from that point on she imagined herself living happily ever after with him. But life had different plans for her and at sixteen she was devastated when she was taken away from the love of her life and he never followed. 

Ten years later she's back to her old home to pack up her late fathers house. Coming back to town is the last thing she should have done, and she isn't met with a warm welcome. Especially not from Dalton, who throws her out of his bar and does nothing when she is attacked. He hates her for his own reasons and will never forgive her. But Alex doesn't want to give up on him and now that she's near him again she's determined to get to the bottom of why he hates her so much. Some things are better left buried though, and Alex only puts herself in more danger. 

This was my first Ker Dukey book and I really wasn't expecting the dark parts of the book. I went into this thinking that it would be kind of sweet and with some brothers-best-friend drama. But, oh boy, was I wrong. The first day Alex was in town and saw Dalton she left scared and with bruises, and it only got worse from there. The book is filled with hatred and had so many secrets in it that I was dying to find out about. 

I can't really say that I liked Dalton and he was actually the reason for my 3.5 rating. I hated that he was so mean to Alex for what seemed like no big issue, or at least not something that would result in him treating her like that. I like asshole Heroes and love when we get to see their struggle with being an ass but also having feelings for the heroine, but in this one he was just purely an ass and I didn't see any remorse for acting the way he did. Yes, he had his reasons, but his character, in the beginning, needed to be throat punched. And then when his character did change it was just too fast for me and wanted at least some discussion or fight or something. 

Alex was only okay for me and I really wanted to see her stand up for herself earlier in the book. I still can't really say how I feel about her because my feelings kept changing based on what was happening in the book and how she was handling it. I can say that out of the main characters that I liked her the most. 

Overall, I did like the story even with my problems with the Hero and I'm actually pretty excited for Six to get his story. I think this would be a good story for anyone that likes a little bit of a dark story and some forbidden love. 

Warning: This book has dark elements, including sexual abuse, and is not for everyone. Read at your own risk.




Amazon US / Amazon UK /  Amazon CA / Amazon AU 

❋FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED❋



I have always had a passion for storytelling, whether it be through lyrics or bed time stories with my sisters. I wanted to be an actress growing up so I could live many roles but I learned early on that my mind was too active… I would want to change the script.I would watch films and think of ways they could have improved the story if they took another direction so i thought it best that i tell my own.
My mum would always have a book in her hand when I was young and passed on her love for reading, inspiring me to venture into writing my own. I tend to have a darker edge to my writing. Not all love stories are made from light, some are created in darkness but are just as powerful and worth telling.
When I’m not lost in the world of characters I love spending time with my family. I’m a mum and that comes first in my life but when I do get down time I love attending music concerts or reading events with my younger sister.
You can find me on Facebook where I love interacting with my readers.






No comments:

Post a Comment