Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hard to Forget

Title: Hard to Forget
Series: Alpha's Heart Book 3
Author: Bella Jewel
Add to Goodreads

*Synopsis*
Delaney, a professional bodyguard, has spent years trying to prove herself in a male dominated industry. Now she's facing her greatest challenge yet.
Bad boy billionaire Jax Shields has made plenty of enemies on his climb to the top, but being in the wrong place at the wrong time has put his life at risk. Now he's putting his life in the hands of Delaney and her team. He demands the best in everything, and he doesn't think she has what it takes to protect him. He's also made it clear he'd rather have her on her back then covering his. Will Delaney be able to prove herself to the most arrogant—and devastatingly handsome—man she's ever met?

**Hard To Forget is a full-length standalone romance with a HEA**
Buy Links: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Barnes & Noble


Delaney has worked hard to prove that she is good enough to be one of the elite bodyguards, and deserves her spot on the team. Yet none of her coworkers take her seriously. She finally gets an opportunity to work an actual case and she dives right into it, wanting to be the best. But her assignment is Jax Shields, bad boy billionaire hotel owner, who doesn't want a female to be his bodyguard. 

Jax saw something he shouldn't have and now has some very bad people after him. Not having the time to be looking over his shoulder for a threat, he hires the best bodyguard company to protect him. But when he saw Delaney walk into the office and get introduced as one of his new protectors he thought it was a joke. He doesn't want a female as his bodyguard and from Delaney, all he wants his her in his bed.

Hard to Forget started off a little iffy for me and at first I wasn't really liking the characters much. Jax was basically just a manwhore who slept around and was a chauvinist pig who didn't think a female was good enough to help him. There wasn't a connection between Delaney and Jax right away and it actually didn't even seem like they would ever get together. I was getting a little worried that this book wouldn't go well for me but it turned around. 

It did get better, thankfully, and Delaney and Jax started to have more of a connection than just protector/protectee which I started to like. After the rough start we got to see how badass Delaney could be when she was in kickass mode, and I really liked seeing her prove to everyone around her that she could be just as good as them. Though, I also really liked that even with that hard side to her we still got to see the vulnerable side she had too. 

Jax started to show his caring side as the story progressed and it made me like him more. At first I just thought he was this giant douche that didn't deserve to be happy, but he proved himself. He was also sexxxxay, ladies and he definitely added the smexy factor to this book.

Bottom line, this was a great book to wrap up this series and I'm so happy that I got a chance to read it. Yes, the beginning didn't give the best impression about the book but it picked up and became a lot more enjoyable. I can't wait for everyone else to read this one and I hope they like Delaney as much as I did.


Delaney is a bodyguard an she as had to work her ass of to try an get the men to respect her some still don't but she wants to get a big job so she can prove herself to everyone who doubts her when a big jobs comes an her boss gives it to her her an another bodyguard she is delighted until she sees who she is guarding he is drop dead gorgeous an super sexy but Jaxson/Jax isn't happy about a woman being his bodyguard so again she as to prove herself again by kicking Jaxson's ass an this did actually put a smile on my face :) 

Delaney is a great character she as gone through quite a bit in her life but she doesn't let anything keep her down or stop doing what she wants she is totally a kick ass an I love this about her Delaney's job is important to her so when Jax keeps giving her shit or when she does something wrong Ye she gets upset but she just brushes it off an gets her head back in the game 

Jax is a very big hot sexy man an knows with woman an his career he runs a huge chain of hotels an as done really well for himself but when someone is threatening his life Jax can well look after himself he just needs another set of eyes so he can keep save he never expected Delaney being that person Has is a very hard man to get to know but when he started getting to know Delaney they started getting closer they r both very protective people an both hate sharing so things aren't easy for these to.

I was a disappointed with this book it was quite slow at the beginning but as the book got going it got better an better it kills me 2 give any of Bella Jewels book only 3 stars but I don't do halves an I just couldn't give it 4 I did like the characters once these to sorted themselves out they were hot there sexy time was hot an once it started that was it they didn't stop the drama was good when the story got going i just needed more to keep my attention in the beginning cause normally I can't put her books down I don't want to make this book sound crap cause it wasn't I did enjoy it I just have her other book high on my fave list an the 2 other books in this series were so good this is just my least fave :( xxx 




No comments:

Post a Comment