Monday, October 12, 2015

The Allure of Dean Harper

Title: The Allure of Dean Harper
Series: Allure Book 2
Author: R.S Grey
Add to Goodreads

*Synopsis*
From: LilyNBlack@Gmail.com
To: JosephineKeller@VogueMagazine.com
Subject: You’re a flippin’ idiot

Good morning my dear, naive friend,

I hope you’re enjoying a breakfast of regret and sorrow.

Why? 

Because you sent me to work for Dean Harper, aka a control freak in a tailor-made suit. Sure he owns the trendiest restaurants in NYC, but c'mon Jo, his ego makes Kanye West look like the Dalai Lama.

He's the type of guy that only hears the word “no” when it's followed by “don’t stop.”

Working for Dean Harper would be like selling my soul to the devil…and before you say anything, I don’t care if the devil has punch-you-in-the-gut brown eyes and an ass to match. My soul isn’t for sale.

Love,
Regretfully yours,
Lily
~BUY LINKS~



Lily Black has just moved from Texas to NY to follow her dreams. She wants to work in the culinary world and she desperately needs a job.

Luckily for her, her best friend Josephine (from the first book) knows Dean Harper who is the owner of many restaurants in NY.

This sounds like a dream and like she just hit the jackpot..except she didn't. Because Lily and Dean can't stand each other.They can't stay in the same room for more than a few minutes without looking daggers at each other and fight like cat and dog. 

How will they be able to work together? 

Ahhh, I was dying to get my hands on this story! 

I started reading this one as soon as it hit my Kindle! Dean and Lily's story was as amazing as I expected it would be. 

Lily cracked me up. I had to stop myself from sending my friends way too many quotes of the book, but I couldn't help it. Lily was just too funny!

" They wanted sexy? I'd show 'em sexy. My rolodex was chock-full of the most sultry dance moves: stirring the pot, grocery shopping, watering the lawn, you named it. I watered that lawn like my life depended on it and the crowd sat stunned, watching me in complete silence."

This was me as I imagined the scene in my head and I remembered me and my friends do the same awkward dance a couple of years ago.




Dean acted like an asshole at first, but Lily was unexpected. He didn't expect to meet such a stubborn, opinionated, vivacious woman. 

"You bring out the worst in me, you know that? I'm only an asshole around you."

And Lily certainly didn't help with her feisty attitude..

"Sorry mom, you raised a murderer."


I really enjoyed this book and it absolutely lived up to my expectations. The first book, The Allure of Julian Lefray and this one left me with a HUGE grin on my face. Reading this book was definitely the best way to start my Monday! I will be sporting a huge grin today..

I love R. S. Grey's work and I'm definitely going to read more by her ASAP. If you need a light and super funny read, this will hit the spot! 

The Allure of Dean Harper can be read as a standalone, but I hope you'll check out The Allure of Julian Lefray too because that was another amazing read!

No comments:

Post a Comment