Saturday, September 26, 2015

Fade to Red

Title: Fade to Red
Author: Willow Aster
Add to Goodreads

*Synopsis*
Dancing in pop superstar Beckham Woods’ entourage was the last thing Roxie wanted. Her life with little Leo was blissfully ordinary; she didn’t have time for the drama that stirring up old memories would surely cause.

But when Roxie took a spot on an international tour with Woods and rock icon Ian Sterling, the lure of financial security and her passion for dance pulled her into an emotional storm that threatened to spin out of control and hurt the ones she loved most.

Just as she began to adjust to her new life, it became apparent that danger was in the shadows, waiting for a chance to move...

***Fade to Red is a standalone novel featuring characters from True Love Story.***
~BUY LINKS~



Roxie wanted to try out for Beckham Wood's backup dancer to show herself that she still had what it takes and to give her the courage to open her own studio if she got the job. She never planned to take the job and tour with a man she can't stand, but when she learns what the pay is, she know's it will be the best thing for her and her son. 

Beckham has been clean and sober for over a year, no booze, no drugs, and no girls. Then he see's his new backup dancer and know's he needs to stay away from her tempting body. But that's easier said than done and he doesn't stay away too long. But for the first time in his life he gets turned down, which only makes him want Roxie more. 

Fade to Red can be read as a standalone but features Ian and Sparrow from True Love Story and I would recommend reading that first, though it's not necessary. I absolutely loved Ian and Sparrow's book and even though it has been a long time since I read it i remember most of it and why I thought it was so amazing. So going into this book I think my expectations for something similar was a little too high and I ended up disappointing myself. 

I liked the overall story and was rooting for Roxie and Beckham to finally figure their shit out but some parts lost it for me. I couldn't understand why Roxie would even tryout to be a backup dancer for someone she didn't like. I know that she wanted validation that her dancing was good enough, but she could have done that another way and not risk seeing a guy she hated. Then when it came out what exactly happened to make her hate him it made me think of her as immature, I don't know why but I just had no sympathy for that situation because (view spoiler).

When I first started the book I learned that Beckham was a recovering addict and it made me a little nervous because I try to avoid books with a H or h that have a past addiction. I just personally don't like to read about it. It's not always an issue but in this book it turned out to be (view spoiler) Let me be clear, I'm not saying the book wasn't good because of Beckham's addiction, just that it is something I personally would rather not deal with in my reading. 

Overall, I did like the story and parts with Beckham trying to get Roxie were really cute. I had some issue's that made me feel pretty meh about the book, but didn't make me hate it. I would still recommend this book to anyone that likes a brooding rockstar and a heroine not willing to give in to him easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment