Saturday, August 15, 2015

Bender

Title: Bender
Series: The Core Four Book 1
Author: Stacy Borel
Add to Goodreads

*Synopsis*
All Keegan wanted was a roommate who was quiet, minded their own business, and paid for part of the rent. Instead, she got Camden Brooks.

Camden, with his sinful body, sharp tongue, and the inability to stay out of Keegan’s personal space, couldn’t seem to curb his interest in the new girl who wouldn’t put up with his domineering ways.

Feelings were running rampant, sexual tension was thick, and both were struggling to let go of control.

To some people, getting a roommate simply meant living with another person. But to both Camden and Keegan it was a curveball that neither was prepared to swing at.
~BUY LINKS~


Keegan is a college student feeling the weight of the world on her shoulders. For the past eight years she has been taking care of her younger sister while her mom party's her way around town. Finally having enough she decides to move out so she can focus on her studies and get closer to reaching her goal of getting her nursing license. She finds the perfect apartment for a really good price and thinks all is well. She just never expected to have a roommate like Camden. Rude, in your face, controlling - oh, and sexy as fuck. She does her best to avoid him, but once Camden decided he's had enough of her hiding, she has no where to run. 

This story had some bumps, but for the most part I really enjoyed it. It started off kind of slow and Keegan and Camden didn't start their relationship until later in the book. A lot of the beginning seemed unnecessary to me but it was interesting to read. I was just impatient to get to the smexy parts. But oh boy, when those parts finally happened I think my crotch was about to catch on fire. Camden was hot as hell and some of the things he did - well let's just say you might not want to be in public for those parts. 

At first I wasn't sure if I would like Camden and was nervous about getting more of him. I thought he was sexy as hell but rude and frustrating. Luckily what more we learned made me like him a lot and I loved how sweet he was with Keegan even when she was being a total biotch, We saw a completely different side of him in the second half of the book that was gentle and caring and ten times more hot. It was even hotter when he was being all possessive Alpha and completely yummy.

Keegan was just another annoying heroine in my long list of heroines that I want to throat punch. There were parts where she was okay, but for the most part I hated how she acted. It was one extreme after the other with her. She loved to complain about how hard her life had been and still was, how she wasn't good enough or pretty enough and then how Camden wouldn't want her for long. I was getting really annoyed with her putting herself down one moment and then thinking she's the best because she cared for her sister. Up until the end, I was dealing with her character and it wasn't anything more than some annoyances. But when she had her major freak out at the end I was ready to choke her and I felt bad that Camden had to deal with her.

Overall, Bender was a good story that had super hot moments and that kept my attention. Despite the heroine being annoying and the beginning a little slow I really did enjoy this one. The love-hate realtionship that Camden and Keegan had was really fun and kept me on the edge of my seat, waiting for what they would do next. I can't wait to read Turner's story and hope I won't have to wait too long for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment