Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Good Boy

Hosting her brother’s wedding for an MVP guest list is the challenge of Jess Canning’s life. Already the family screw-up, she can’t afford to fail. And nobody (nobody!) can learn of the colossal mistake she made with the best man during a weak moment last spring. It was wrong, and there will not be a repeat. Absolutely not. Even if he is the sexiest thing on two legs.

Blake Riley sees the wedding as fate’s gift to him. Jess is the maid of honor and he’s the best man? Let the games begin. So what if he’s facing a little (fine, a lot) of resistance? He just needs to convince the stubborn blonde that he’s really a good boy with a bad rap. Luckily, every professional hockey player knows that you’ve got to make an effort if you want to score.

But Jess has more pressing issues to deal with than sexy-times with a giant man-child. Such as: Will the ceremony start on time, even though someone got grandma drunk? Does glitter ever belong at a wedding? And is it wrong to murder the best man?

Caution: May cause accidental aspiration of tea or coffee. Do not read in a public place where loud laughter is inappropriate. Contains hot but hilarious hockey players, puppy cuddling and a snarky pair of underwear.



I was really delighted when I heard that we were going to get more of these men. Blake as been how do I put it a very loud character in the Him series so I knew him getting his own book he was going to be full on and oh boy was he. Blake basically doesn't give a crap he is full of life never lets anyone get him and he is just a great guy. Maybe a lil annoying at times but I just couldn't help but luv him. I luv the way he with Jamie and Wes he just puts himself in there life and they don't even care he is to lovable. The only person he doesn't seem to be able to get to luv him is Jamie's very sexy sister Jess. Blake and Jess have had a lil fumble together and it was amazing for both of them but Blake doesn't seem to b able to get anywhere with her. He's done everything to get her attention but it doesn't work until Jamie and Wes's wedding. Where they will be in the same place for a few days and he will get her attention again he needs more of Jess she is just hard to crack. 

Jess is a great woman she's a lil unsure what she wants from life and changes her mind very easy. Jess as had quite a few different jobs and she sees herself as the unsuccessful one out of her siblings. But know she things she knows what she wants and that's to be a nurse after what her brother went through she things she can do it and really stick with it. It's going to be hard and she had to tell to her family she is changing her job again but she needs to do this she doesn't want to be a screw up anymore. So when she hears Blake before she see him she knows she can't go there again. Last time was just a moment of madness ye it was good great even but Blake is just not her type he's loud a total jock so just will just try and avoid him but that's just not easy when he's everywhere she is. 

I m not going to lie Blake was a lil annoying at first. Yes he's gorgeous and sex but he is so loud and full of himself I just wanted to tell him to Shhhh haha. By the end of the book I was just in luv with him I good to see loads of different sides to him and I luvd them I just couldn't help but fall do it with. Jess was having a bit of a hard time and I understood why she felt the way she did over money and stuff. Her going back to school at her age is hard and very stressful and she does have a soft heart she doesn't like seeing people unhappy but I think what made things a lil hard for her was that she as lost a bit of her confidence and getting it back was going to be hard. Being with Blake was probably a great think cause he could share a bit of his confidence haha. I actually thought Blake and Jess were just brilliant together they balanced each other out a lot and they were a really hot couple Blake is always a lil bit under the collar where Jess was concerned so when they were together he was on fire al the time. 

I really enjoyed this book. The story had my interested so the way through. I really enjoyed the characters Blake had my laugh throughout this book and so did Jess in parts. It was also great to get more of Jamie and Wes there books are my favorite MM books and I highly recommend them. I also highly recommend this book as well it's a great start to the series. I m really looking forward to more of these hockey players and there WAGS. 


One of the best things about Elle Kenendy and Sarina Bowen writing together is that they always end up making their books fun. There's just a vibe that you get from their books that will make you smile while reading them, and I love it. In Good Boy we get to see more of Blake Riley while he uses he tries to charm Jess Canning back in his bed. 

Jess is tired of being the family screw up, though, and she's not willing to make yet another mistake by sleeping with the best man at her brothers wedding. But when her life takes a change and she ends up living in the same area as Blake all bets are off and Blake is even more determined to get Jess to admit she has feelings for him.

Honestly, Blake took some time to get used to and he was a very loud person to read about. His sense of humor was a tad immature, and overall his character was just obnoxious. But after a few chapters I got used to his boisterous spirit and then I ended up liking him for his personality. Even though it wasn't something I was attracted to from the beginning after I got to learn more about Blake I started to think his craziness was actually adorable. 

I enjoyed getting to see him pursue Jess with all the confidence in the world. I think that's why I eventually started to like his character, because he never apologized for being obnoxious. He had all the confidence in the world and you either take his loudness or you leave it. He was very different from Jess and I loved that their conflicts are what actually brought them together and it was fun to see these two very different characters actually work as a couple. 

Bottom line, read this book if you want to start the year off with a kickass story. This series is a spin off from Him and Us but can easily be read without reading those first. But if you've already read them you will be happy to know that you get a good amount of Wesmie to catch up on in this book. 

Want to meet Wesmie? Download there books now!


HIM

US

No comments:

Post a Comment