Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Elliott Redeemed



ELLIOTT REDEEMED by Scarlett Cole

A single mom and tortured musician find common ground in Scarlett Cole's Elliott Redeemed, the second standalone romance about the band Preload.

Elliott “Pyro” Dawson burns up the lead guitar like a legend. But the nickname Pyro isn’t just a clever play on words. It’s much darker. A past he's fought like hell to overcome.

Grocery store cashier Kendalee Walker is at her wits end and homeless. She's watched her fourteen-year-old son, Daniel, go so far off the rails, he can no longer see the tracks.

When the two are brought together, attraction flares, but can Elliott find the family he never had with the sexy woman and her son, or will he fall back on dangerous habits?

Amazon UK → http://amzn.to/2kSn9Yc
Chapters Indigo → http://apple.co/2uGgog8



Excerpt
Copyright © 2017 Scarlett Cole

He lay down on the bed and pulled her into his arms before tugging the bedding over the two of them. It was a little damp in places because of all their ice play, and he smiled at the reminder. “What I am into is finding out what the person I’m with wants to try. I’m into good old missionary on a Sunday morning when I’m hungover and just want to get off. I’m into sex in a field while hiking or on the deck of my cottage. Some days, I’m into trying a hundred different positions before getting off. I’m into cuffs and toys and exploring. I’m not into being called Sir, or hurting someone, or expecting submission. I just want to explore, and I want to find someone who wants to do that with me.”

“Hmm.”

“Hmm? What are you into?” he asked, kissing her forehead.

“It would appear to be you. I’m into you, Elliott. And missionary position. And outdoor sex. And a hundred positions. And I’d really like to figure out whether a reverse cowgirl is really a thing.”

Elliott barked out a laugh. “Reverse cowgirl?”

Kendalee chuckled. “Yeah. Like . . . your . . . you know . . . it doesn’t naturally bend that way, right?”

“Oh Lord, woman. It’s got quite the range of movement, but next up, we’re going reverse cowgirl.”

They lay in silence, and Elliott clicked off the light.

“Elliott?”

“Yeah, Lee.”

“Don’t make me fall in love with you. I’m not sure my heart is quite ready for it yet.”

His own heart skipped a beat at her declaration.

Because it meant she was thinking about it. About him, that way.

“Can’t help you with that one, honey. It’s probably the only thing I can’t do for you.”

Kendalee sighed against him, burrowing closer into his side. “Thought so.”

Elliott smiled as he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.


I have been dying for more of this series since Jordan's book. (Which was brilliant by the way) Elliot is a great guy, the things he has been through is horrible. He had no childhood it was robbed from him and it's something he will never forget. All he ever wanted was a family that luv him for who he was and he found that in his band Preload. The guys meet in a home years ago and they have been together ever since they so have there own problems but together they help each other. But lately Elliott was seeing some of his band members getting there own little family and he wanted that so much but he didn't think he could ever have that. He was still dealing with some heavy problems and they could get in the way of him having a family if he couldn't get things under control. 

Kendalee is a hard working protective mother see would do anything for her teen son Daniel and at the min Daniel needs her more than anything. Kendalee as been through so much the least few year her husband is a cheat and causes drama and then there is the hard times she is going through with Daniel. That poor boy had me in tears throughout this book my heart broke for him. A little boy shouldn't have to go through what he did and he needed his family more than ever. But his mum is the only person he can trust and that was hard for him. Kendalee put her son first and always will but when she saw her son talking to the very sexy Elliott she starts feeling things she hasn't in a long while and she actually thought she shouldn't feel them she was still married and he looked younger than her but whatever he was talking to him about she hadn't seen that look on his face in a while and she could help them get a lil stronger.

These two characters have been through so much but together they seem to gel. They both have a lot to deal with and a lot of healing to do. There sexy chemistry is so strong that they find it hard to keep away from each other and with Elliott an his sexy texts talk and being a great guy it's hard not to fall for him. The way he his with Daniel just melted my heart so much. I thought no one from This band could take over Jordan I luv him so much but Elliott is up there with him. I could talk about him for ages there is just so much he did in this book that I luvd.

This book has me a wreck by the time it was finished. But I luvd every minute of it it was amazing. The story has me ducked in from the very start and till the very end. I couldn't get enough of it. This author really knows how to keep your attention. When you think the story is going to start calming down a little it take another turn and get even better. She really knows how to put a story together and come up with story lines that are amazing. 

I would highly recommend this book. It can be read as a standalone but I would read the first book first. You get to see the rest of the guys in this book and it's another thing that I luv about this book is that you get to know more about them. The author also likes to tease you with what could happen with the other guys as well. I need Nikan's book so much right now. Overall there wasn't a thing that I didn't like about this book. Brilliant. 


Elliott Redeemed is the second in Scarlett Cole's Preload series, and follows Elliott Dawson as he meets a kid who he can relate to about his deepest secrets. Elliott also meets the kid's mom and feels an undeniable pull to her that he's never experienced before. Something about this mother and son force him to come to terms with parts of his life that he would rather forget. But Kendalee also brings out his protective side and Elliott refuses to just leave the struggling single mom alone to face her worries. 

This book had me in tears, and these characters broke my heart. Elliott was such a strong character and I really admired him for never giving up on Kendalee and her son, Daniel. But what really made me love him was when we got to see how vulnerable he was around Daniel and how well he handled that situation. He never gave up on them and I really loved how determined he was when it came to their well being. 

Kendalee was going through the toughest time in her life, and she she wasn't really sure how she was going to handle. So when Elliott came around offering his help, even though she was a little hesitant to take it, she eventually did. I liked how much she cared for her son and would do anything for him, but I also liked that she didn't stop herself from living her own life. Elliott was there for her when no one else was, and she never pushed him away like many would have done. I really liked her character for that reason, and I found her to be the perfect person for Elliott. 

I did have a little issue with the ending and felt like it could have ended with more of an answer on a few things. But that didn't stop me from loving this book and these characters. I am in love with all of these band members, and I'm already counting down the days until we can get more of them. 

Enter to win a Preload Bundle! 
(Signed paperback copies of JORDAN RECLAIMED & ELLIOTT REDEEMED + $10 Amazon Gift Card) 


No comments:

Post a Comment