Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The Broken Puppet



Title: The Broken Puppet
Series: The Elite Kings Club #2
Author: Amo Jones
Genre: Dark Romance/Romantic Suspense
Release Date: July 18, 2017
Blurb

“I thought I knew who I was, but I was wrong.”

The Silver Swan

1. A girl who is tarnished. Tainted. One who does not fit into the confinement of legend.

The Silver Swan

2. Madison Montgomery.

I was lied to.
I was cheated.
Resigning to pick up the scraps of empty memories and disarrayed thoughts, I left. After finally cutting the strings of manipulation, I resorted to do what I’ve done since I was a child, something my father drilled into my brain since I could handle my first rifle.
Run.
I’m a mere shadow of the girl they all knew.
Lies and deceit change you. They alter your entire outlook on life.
I’m Madison Montgomery, and I want to play a game.
Here’s what happens when I win.

Riddle me this, Mads.
What goes bump in the night,
but is something you can’t see with sight?
You may run, and you may hide.
Our happily ever after will be like Bonnie & Clyde.


Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU


I had a really hard time trying to decide on a rating for this book and have been really conflicted about what to say. While I loved the mystery and intrigue of the story, I also felt like there was a lot of filler and parts that just weren't necessary. The book ends on yet another cliffhanger and I honestly don't think I really learned anything from this book. There were one or two big reveals but other than that I just feel like there is so much left to learn about these characters. I'm actually a little nervous for the next book since I don't want all the answers to just be crammed into the conclusion with little explanation.

Don't get me wrong, there was a lot I liked about this story, and that's why this review is so difficult. This book still had my attention from very early on and stole my breath on more than one occasion. I'm also really enjoying these characters, even though most of them are more than a little unhinged. It's that crazy aspect of the story that had me captivated and always wondering what was going to happen next.

Overall, this isn't my favorite book in the series but I still highly recommend that you pick up these books. The characters will have you wide-eyed and gripping your Kindle as you scream in your head "this can't be happening!" It will make you question everything and have you on the literal edge of your seat, trying to get closer to all the answers.

The Broken Puppet Playlist:
Run - Foo Fighters
I Followed You Home - Eliot Sumner
Moaning Lisa Smile - Wolf Alice
Is There Somewhere - Halsey
Whatever It Takes - Imagine Dragons
Waiting Game - Banks


Also Available


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Author Bio

Amo is a full-time writer from New Zealand who loves long romantic walks to the wine cellar. 

She loves to write like how she lives, hanging on the edge of insanity with a wine glass in one hand and her morals-or lack thereof- in the other.

Those are not my monkeys, I swear....
Oh those hellhounds? Yeah, those are mine.
Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment