Friday, March 10, 2017

How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days


Title: How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days 
Author: Kerrelyn Sparks 
Publication: March 7, 2017

Luciana grew up on the Isle of Moon, hidden away because of her magical powers. But when her father arrives, he offers her a choice: remain on the island or return with him and marry the Beast of Benwick in order to save their legacy—and her father's life.

Lord Leofric, the Beast of Benwick, has not been touched since he was a child. Born with the power to harness lightning, he is a danger to everyone he touches. When he meets his betrothed, he expects a loveless, lonely marriage...until he discovers she's vastly more powerful than he realized. But is she strong enough to withstand his touch?

If they can survive, their love will alter the future of the kingdom. But will their extraordinary powers cost them everything?




This was my first Kerrelyn Sparks novel and with complete certainty I can say that it will not be my last. Her words sucked me into this world of good and evil and introduced me to the creatures that fight for both sides. I never once stopped to question what was happening or how these things were possible, the writing was just that good.

In this time of insta-love this book was a breath of fresh air and I really enjoyed seeing Leo and Luciana explore each other slowly. Their relationship had a pretty even pace throughout the whole book and I loved the build up of it. It made getting to the end even better and was one of the reasons I wasn't able to put the book down once I started. 

I love finding new authors and whoever at St. Martins Press sent me this book I could just hunt down and hug for putting this author on my radar. I can't wait for the next book in the series so before that releases I'll hopefully have some time to go read Ms. Sparks earlier work. This is a definite recommend from me and if you're a fan of other-worldly romances than you need to pick this one up. 


Kerrelyn Sparks apparently has issues with reality. After writing more than a dozen books about vampires, she has now completely gone off the deep end and wound up on another planet. But how thrilling that she can share this magical new world with her readers! Although she is best known (so far) for the Love at Stake series, which has hit as high as number 5 on the New York Times list and 22 on the USA Today list, she hopes her readers will love The Embraced as much as they did her merry band of vamps and shifters. To learn more about her paranormal, historical, and upcoming out-of-this-world fantasy romances, please visit Kerrelyn on Facebook, Twitter, or her website at www.kerrelynsparks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment