Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Christmas Comes to Main Street


Title: Christmas Comes to Main Street
Author: Olivia Miles
Publisher: Forever Romance

The mistletoe is out, and the gloves are off . . . 
'Tis the worst season to be single, but Kara Hastings won't let a little Christmas funk spoil the festive season. Sure, running her own bakery is a little harder than she expected, but she can handle it. And she'll prove it to a certain infuriatingly handsome, bossy Big City guy. She may be sugar and spice, but she can kick his butt twice.

Nate Griffin is in Briar Creek only for the holidays, and he refuses to fall for the whole "small town, candy cane-scented Christmas Wonderland" thing. He's more interested in the fresh-faced cookie chef who always knows exactly how to get under his skin. So when Nate challenges Kara in the town's big holiday contest, it's not just the competition that starts to heat up. If he's not careful, Kara won't just melt his icy resolve against a small-town Christmas . . . she'll melt his heart too.



Full disclosure, I am not a Christmas person. I hate the stupid songs that play incessantly on the radio, the decorations that 88% of the time look ridiculous, and of course I dread the family dinners. But while reading this book I was in such a Christmas mood and just had a genuinly happy time learning all about these characters. You're probably asking yourself why I even read a holiday book if I don't like the holiday's but I fell in love with this town and didn't want to miss out on Kara finding her happiness. 

I loved that her character changed for the better and started to stand up to her family more than she did before. I was a little worried that she would continue letting them control her life and do whatever they wanted her to, but that wasn't the case. It took some time but she became a pretty tough woman by the end of this book and I really enjoyed seeing her get more confidence in not only herself, but her bakery that was her biggest dream. 

I adored Nate and thought he and Kara were the perfect couple. I just knew that there two different personalities was going to make for some interesting times, and I was right. He wasn't in the holiday spirit as much as Kara and the rest of the town was but he still brought a lot of cheeriness to the story that I enjoyed. 

Overall, I highly recommend this book and the series. If I, a self-proclaimed Christmas hater, can get in the holiday spirit while reading this book, then it can cheer up anyone that reads it. I already can't wait to see what the author has in store for us with this town but I know it's going to be something great. 

Briar Creek Series




No comments:

Post a Comment