Sunday, July 24, 2016

The Opportunist


The Opportunist 
Tarryn Fisher

Olivia Kaspen is a sharp tongued manipulator used to always getting what she wants. With just one exception-Caleb Drake, the one she foolishly let slip away. After a chance encounter brings Caleb back into her life, Olivia finds herself wanting a second chance with her first love, and asking herself how far she is willing to go to get him back. Her only problem is a red head named Leah, Caleb's new love. Olivia must fight for what was once hers, and in the process discover that sometimes love falls short of redemption.




When Olivia spots Caleb in a music store, she can't believe that he's really there. After everything that has happened between them, she's sure that Caleb won't even talk to her, but when she nears him, Olivia realizes that he doesn't recognize her. 
After a car accident, Caleb has lost his memory and can't remember anything. It's a low blow from Olivia, but this is her opportunity to have some time with him again, until he gains his memory back..

“You can only give your heart away once, after that, everything else will chase your first love”

Wow...let me say..Wow! Two weeks have passed since I have read this book and I'm still speechless. 

When I ventured into this one, I had no expectations. I honestly picked up this one only because I needed something different and new, but I would have never expected to find one of the best books ever.

What's the first word that comes to my mind when I think about "The opportunist"? Mindblowing. 

I couldn't stop reading this story, I needed to know more, but at the same time I needed time to process everything I was reading. It was such a roller coaster ride and when I finished it, all I could do was stare at the wall and think "What the fuck did I just read?"

The narration of the story swings from past to present, and while this usually irks me, in this case it was perfectly done and it never once annoyed me. Tarryn Fisher's writing style is flowing and excellent, and that's one of the reasons why you can't stay away from this story.

The relationship between Caleb and Olivia was FUCKED UP. There are lies and secrets and they both keep hurting each other.

Olivia is a difficult character, she's tough on the exterior, but at the same time so fragile. She did everything she could to make everyone hate her, but I really couldn't..I don't really know why, but in the end I felt sorry for her.

“I was a relationship retard. I kicked, shoved, and punched people out of my life, so they never had a chance to hurt me.”

I can't wait to see where the story goes, I am cheering for Olivia and Caleb to find some peace together. 

If you haven't read this book, what are you waiting for? I have waited long enough and I'm kicking myself for this! Go in! This book will leave you speechless and with a huge book hangover!

**GIVEAWAY**
Because Alice loved this book so much she's giving an e-book copy of The Opportunist to one lucky winner on Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment