Friday, June 3, 2016

The Anatomy of Jane



The Anatomy of Jane by Amelia LeFay WJM #1 
Publication Date: May 31, 2016 
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Erotic, Romance


AnatomyofJane2
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iBooks

Jane I’ve always been on my own. My life used to consist of nothing but work, keeping Allen out of trouble, and if I had time, sleep. Then I became their maid. Max Every day more than half a million people tune in to watch my show. They trust me. I know it’s because I’m the only son of the prominent Emerson family. However, I like to believe it because I’m honest no matter what story I report on. I’m honest about everything but the man I’ve been f**king for the last four years… and now her. Wesley I want three things: First, Maxwell Emerson and Jane Chapman both in my bed. Second, to be the best bloody chef in the country. Third, to figure out how to simultaneously get the first and second things I want without any of us getting hurt. THREE PEOPLE. ONE LOVE STORY….
goodreads-badge-add-38px


Before I even start my actual review, let me just say Holy. Shit. That ending just about killed me and I don't know if I have the ability to wait until the next book before going insane. 

Maxwell Emerson and Wesley Uhler have been secret lovers for four years. Secret because Max is in the spotlight since he comes from a family deep in the heart of the political world, and being gay/bisexual is practically unheard of. For Wes, it's not always the easiest thing to hide that you're in love, but he cares deeply for Max and will do anything for him.

But then Jane Chapman enters their world and finds out their little secret. They both take a liking to her right away, and she them. Max and Wes already have a relationship going, but why not bring another person in? Jane's definitely intrigued by the duo and what seeing them together does to her. She takes their dirty secret and makes it even dirtier.

The Anatomy of Jane is the first book written by J.J McAvoy under the pen name Amelia LeFay. And sadly also the first book I've read by her, which is something I plan to make up for very soon. Within this book I fell in love with her writing and the way she was able to keep me right on the edge of my seat the whole time. Not even just because of the cliffhanger at the ending, but the little hints of what was to come that were in each chapter. Once I started I didn't ever want to put the book down. 

I've read menage books in the past, and actually read one right before starting this, but they aren't something I read too often. I feel like any author that wants to write one has to be able to keep the balance between characters to make sure one or two don't take the focus away from all three of them as a whole. Well this author certainly has that ability. Max, Wes, and Jane were all very well developed characters and I never felt like I was missing out on one of them. It actually surprised me how much of each of them we got to learn in just the span of this book.

Bottom line, this author might want to watch out because she has a new fangirl stalker. I'm already going crazy waiting for the conclusion to the story so I'm not sure how I'm going to wait until the end of the year. 

About Amelia LeFay

Amelia LeFay is a character of my own imagination. She’s a single woman in her mid twenties in love with sex. Dirty sex, rough sex, sex of any type. She’s not a whore or a slut. She believes a woman should be aloud to sexually express herself anyway she wishes. She stands for Gay Rights, Women’s Rights, the rights of Minorities, and Environmental protection. She can be a bitch but doesn’t think there is anything wrong with that. She has uneven boobs, stretch marks on her ass, astigmatism, and thighs that rub together as she walks. (Which means no pair of jeans last as long as she wishes they would.)
But most importantly Amelia is a Dreamer…she has dreams so big it scares even her, because if she fails…if she can’t make it…she feels like nothing.
IndieSageBlogger

No comments:

Post a Comment