Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Air He Breathes

Series: Elements #1
Author: Brittainy C. Cherry
Publication date: September 25, 2015

Synopsis

I was warned about Tristan Cole.

“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”

It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.

But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.

We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.

Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.



In all honestly I was warned about this book. "You'll cry your eyes out," they said. Did I listen? Nope. I went into this thinking that it would be yet another book that made everyone else super sappy and that I wouldn't like it as much as them. Well I was very wrong because I bawled like a baby during this book and loved it!

The story of Tristan and Elizabeth was so well executed and this author did a wonderful job of taking the reader and placing them in this world that it seemed effortless. Elizabeth and Tristan both had tragedy in their lives and were dealing with it in different ways. Tristan secluding himself, while Elizabeth tried to get back to her normal everyday life. When Elizabeth meets Tristan she see's the sadness in his eyes, so when people warn her away from him she doesn't heed their warnings, instead she makes friends with him. Together these two broken people may be able to heal.

"But as long as air moves in and out of my lungs, as long as I breathe, I will fight for you. I will fight for us."

What made this story so emotional is the attachment I had to these characters and how much I needed to see them be alright. While reading, they weren't just fictional people in a book they were my life for the hours I had this book in my possession and that right there made me fall in love with this author. Anyone who can write a story that affects me as much as this did and make me ignore life for however long it takes me to read it is a favorite author of mine. This may be my first book by Brittainy C. Cherry but when I can handle another emotional book you bet your ass I will be reading one of hers. 

Bottom line, this is a book that needs to be read by everyone. The Air He Breathes is the epitome of beauty and the love that comes from great loss is truly spectacular. So basically what I'm saying is if you don't read this book I cannot be your friend.

The Fire Between High & Lo (Elements #2)

No comments:

Post a Comment