Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Fractured Heart


*Synopsis*
All things, when placed under pressure, eventually break or leave a mark.

Tattoo artist Brody "Cujo" Matthews knows how to keep things simple. In life and in love. Abandoned as a child by a mother who refused to stick around to raise three boys she didn't want, he's intent on staying clear of complicated women. The only things complicated in Cujo’s life are the killer tattoos he designs and inks. That all changes when he’s asked to help organize his best friend Trent's engagement party, which means working with Trent's fiancée's best friend, Drea, the definition of high maintenance and sizzling curves. And the one woman he doesn’t want to walk away from.

Andrea "Drea" Caron is broke and tired. After years of caring for her ailing mom, she's at the end of her rope trying to manage the piling medical bills, two jobs, and a life placed on hold. She certainly doesn’t need the added frustration of a sexy playboy tattoo artist messing up her best friend’s engagement party or her carefully balanced life. But when Drea witnesses the abduction of a woman from the café she works at, she can’t help but turn to Cujo who’s determined to prove to Drea that he’s someone she can count on forever…but as they attempt to bring the truth to light, someone is working to bring that forever to a sudden, deadly halt.
~BUY LINKS~


I have no shame in the fact that I stalked NetGalley to see if this book was going to be added, and then requested it the second I saw it. After reading The Strongest Steel I was just too impatient to wait for this book. 

The Fractured Heart starts off where the first book stopped, with Harper and Trent away and Cujo and Drea planning their engagement party. The two are constantly going against each other and having a hard time deciding on what to do with the party since they both have such different idea's. They're complete opposites but can agree on at least one thing - their attraction to each other. 

Both of their lives get hectic when Drea witnesses a crime that puts her in danger and then Cujo's estranged mother shows back up in his life, and they turn to each other for help. But with their lives being so crazy right now they have to work hard at their new found relationship.

Cujo was hot as hell and this story was steamy! I loved the chemistry that Drea and Cujo had and it really made me love the story. I usually hate when characters don't get together until late in the story but with this book I didn't even realize. There was so much passion jumping off of the pages and the attraction was clear so it didn't bother me that Cujo didn't make his move until close to halfway in. 

Sometimes I can get really annoyed when a later book in a series will revisit a previous couple too much, so whenever I read a series I get a little nervous. But that was not the case with this one. Trent and Harper were, of course, part of the story but there wasn't any of that annoying oversharing from those characters. I actually really liked how they were in the story as Drea and Cujo's friends only and not to tell us more about what happened after their own book ended. 

The characters were amazing and I loved the strength Drea had. She didn't have the best home life and was taking care of her mom but she never gave up. Even when her mom was being a complete bitch she still continued to take care of her and I really liked that about her. Cujo had a tough childhood after his mother left him and his siblings and it affected him but he pushed through his fears in order to be with Drea. I loved him and he was so sexy and intense. Le sigh.

So why a 4 star rating? 
The ending was a little too neat for me. Every thing just fell into place kind of fast and then at the end I was left a little confused about what actually happened. I wanted things to be explained some more but that was my only issue.

Bottom line, read this book! A sexy tattoo artists with a sassy heroine, I mean, who wouldn't want to read that? Then there was the suspense thrown in that will keep you on the edge of your seat. So really, what more is there to ask for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment