Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Perfectly Imperfect














Meet Willow and Kane in the newest stand alone by Harper Sloan!
NOW AVAILABLE on the following retailers: 


*Synopsis*
Mirror, mirror ... who's the fairest of them all?
I still cringe when I hear that line. A fairy tale that had girls pretending they were the fairest, the most beautiful, and the most entitled. A fairy tale most couldn't grow out of turned my haunted childhood memories into a living nightmare. Girls who grew up believing that pile of garbage became the meanest of all 'mean girls.'
And those mean girls were right - it was a line meant for all the beautiful people in the world - and I knew the answer would never be me.
The women with long legs, flat stomachs, and perfect chests.
The type of women Kane Masters gravitated toward.
Well, that's definitely not Willow Tate.
No. That will never be me.
Because I'm completely imperfect.
And ... I hate myself.
I have no idea what Kane could possibly see in someone like me when he could have them.


Willow Tate spent the majority of her life hating herself. Hating that she doesn't look perfect, that she feels useless and that her own family doesn't even want her. But when the husband she thought she deserved, the one that talked down to her and told her she was nothing, divorces her, she finally wakes up. She's not useless, she's not ugly and she certainly doesn't deserve to be treated like garbage. The day she walked out of her attorney's office a divorced woman she vowed to make a change, and nothing will stand in her way. 

Movie star, Kane Masters never thought that the day he went to his attorney's office to check on a contract would be the day his life changed forever. When he saw Willow sitting there all he could do was stare at the perfect version of beauty. He wanted to talk to her, get her number, or anything from her. But she walked away and he had to let her. But he didn't give up that easily and months later he tracks her down and makes it impossible to say no to working with him. Kane see's how perfect Willow is and he's determined to make sure she knows how much she means to the world and to finally make her his. 

I didn't really know what this book was about before starting it but it's by one of my go to authors so I jumped at the chance to read it. I had nothing to fear from Harper Sloan and I loved this book. I was a little nervous at first that too much focus would be put on Willow and her struggles, and then Kane would be lost in the background. But he has such a huge part of this story and I loved how he was there to help Willow along her journey. 

Kane lived in the fake world of Hollywood, surrounded by fake people that all just wanted his attention and part of his fame. But even in that kind of environment he never let himself change and he still had the same caring personality that was more than a little swoon worthy. I really enjoyed his character and how patient he was with Willow and understanding about her fears. 

Willow was such a strong character and I really felt for her and admired her. She didn't just have her own doubts to deal with, she had doubts that others were throwing on her. People that were supposed to love and protect her were the ones hurting her but when she gave them a big "fuck you" I was smiling so big and loved her even more. Being with Kane was so hard for her to do but she never let her fear keep her from trying and I really liked that. 

I think the number one reason I like this book so much is because it's so real. It's not just a problem with self esteem that's thrown in the book to give it a little something extra. It's real and true and it was a part of the characters that was completely realistic. No sugar coating it or moving past it in a day, it focused on the real hard work a person goes through to become okay with themselves. Now with that being said, I did want a little more about how Willow was able to overcome the biggest part of her issues but they weren't just there and then gone the next day but it was kind of fast since time skipped. 

Bottom line, I loved this story and couldn't put it down once I started. The characters were amazing and brought out the best in each other which was really spectacular to see, and the storyline was really realistic so there was no eye rolling from me during this one. The epilogue kind of threw out a lot of information that I wish was explained a little better but it didn't affect my rating at all. Overall, this book is just amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment