Saturday, October 31, 2015

Chasing River

Title: Chasing River
Series: Burying Water Book 3
Author: K.A. Tucker
Add to Goodreads

*Synopsis*
Armed with two years’ worth of savings and the need to experience life outside the bubble of her Oregon small town, twenty-five-year old Amber Welles is prepared for anything. Except dying in Dublin. Had it not been for the bravery of a stranger, she might have. But he takes off before she has the chance to offer her gratitude.

Twenty-four-year-old River Delaney is rattled. No one was supposed to get hurt. But then that American tourist showed up. He couldn’t let her die, but he also can’t be identified at the scene—so, he fled. Back to his everyday life of running his family’s pub. Only, everyday life is getting more and more complicated, thanks to his brother, Aengus, and his criminal associations. When the American girl tracks River down, he quickly realizes how much he likes her, how wrong she is for him. And how dangerous it is to have her around. Pushing her away would be the smart move.

Maybe it’s because he saved her life, or maybe it’s because he’s completely different from everything she’s left behind, but Amber finds herself chasing after River Delaney. Amber isn’t the kind of girl to chase after anyone.

And River isn’t the kind of guy she’d want to catch.
~BUY LINKS~


Amber Welles is on a mission to find herself. She packs up her things and uses everything she has saved in her two years of nursing to take her journey around the world. When her journey brings her to Dublin, Ireland her whole world shifts when she almost gets blown up. Luckily she was saved and now she finds herself chasing after her savior.

River Delaney is constantly looking after his older brother and trying to keep him on the right side of the law. But when his brother goes too far and almost hurts an American tourist, one who River had to save, he realizes he can't protect someone who doesn't want to be protected. Now the American he saved is tracking him down and even though River knows he should push her away, he keeps hoping she'll chase him.
I am kicking myself so hard for not reading this the second it was released. This story was utter perfection and I read it all in one night because I refused to let my eyes close until I read every single word of it. The story was perfect and I loved how there was so much Irish history thrown in, but in a way that it all went with the story and wasn't random or just too much information. I was actually taking little notes the whole time so I could visit all the places River talked about while in Ireland next year. 

I really liked Amber's character in Burying Water and was really happy that I finally got to learn more about her. In her own way she was a good person that saw the world as black and white, right and wrong. To her there was no in between and if you did something wrong then you need to pay for it. It was really interesting to see the little struggle with her and River because of that. She was the type that would turn in her own brother to protect him from himself, while River was the type to protect his brother by hiding all the wrong doings. 

River, River, River. What can I say about River, other than the fact that I fucking loved him! I honestly can't even think of the right words to describe how much I liked River. What I can say is that his character was really amazing and I loved how family oriented he was and how he really cared about protecting those he loved and doing right by them. He really pushed Amber to open up and be true to herself about what she wanted and I loved seeing that. They had a real connection that was jumping off of the pages, which made their characters seem so much more real. 

The overall story was just fantastic. There was romance and new found friendship and some old hurts being healed and all together is just came together really well. 

P.S. While in Ireland I will be searching for my own River. Wish my luck, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment