Wednesday, August 26, 2015

His Plaything

Title: His Plaything
Author: Ava Jackson
Add to Goodreads

*Synopsis*
An ass you could bounce a quarter off of.

That’s the sight that greets me of my new roommate as he f*cks a blonde on the kitchen table.

That’s right before I get an eyeful of his giant cock. Cue wet panties.

Oh, and did I mention he’s a Navy SEAL?

One semester. That’s as long as I have to last—and then I’m gone, graduated, off into the real world.
But can I survive that long without becoming … his plaything?

~BUY LINKS~



Nixon is a Navy SEAL home on leave, and Avery is his new step-sister that he just learned is going to stay with him during her last semester at college. The first sight that greats Avery at her new place is a tight hot ass, pounding a a blonde girl on the dinner table. Not what she expected at all! Not wanting a repeat of that, Avery sets some rules and tells Nixon not to bring home anymore women. But Nixon has gone too many months without the comfort of a woman, so he makes a suggestion. He won't bring home anymore women, and Avery will help him work out his sexual frustrations.

I liked this story and found it really intriguing at times, especially near the end. Nixon was a great character that I thought was super sexy. I liked how he was with Avery, he started off kind of an asshole but quickly we see a different side to him and realize that he isn't just a player. 

Avery wasn't my favorite character, which is putting it kindly. Right from the beginning I hated her and she never redeemed herself from that point. She comes in the first day of staying with Nixon and is already giving him orders on what he can and cannot do in his own home, which just made me think of her as a spoiled little bitch. I kept looking for her to get better and somehow like her but it never happened. 

Though I liked the story, I had a few problems with is and it pushed my rating down. Avery's character ruined it and at the end I just hated her even more for not even trying to talk to Nixon about what she thought he did. Also, this was a dual POV story but I felt like we didn't get Nixon's side at the important parts. We learn that he broke it off with Pam and that it wasn't pretty, they fought, but we never saw that. \

Overall, this was an okay step-brother romance but it was lacking for me. I liked the premise and Nixon but Avery was hard to read about without wanting to punch somebody and it was frustrating. Anyone looking for a hot step-brother romance should give this a try, but tread lightly with the heroine.

No comments:

Post a Comment