Sunday, August 16, 2015

Beware of Me

Title: Beware of Me
Series: Dark Obsession Book 4
Author: Cynthia Eden
Add to Goodreads

*Synopsis*
Criminal. Killer. Monster. Ethan Barclay has been called many things in life, and he usually doesn't care what people say about him. He's tough, hard, and brutal when he needs to be. But even the most dangerous of men can have a weakness. Ethan's weakness has--and always will be--Carly Shay.

Their pasts are tied together--twisted and melded by blood and death. Walking away from Carly was the hardest thing that Ethan ever did, but it was also his one good deed. He knew Carly deserved far better than him, and he wanted her to have a perfect life, a life that didn't involve paying for Ethan's sins.

Only now the secrets from their past have been revealed, and Carly's life is on the line. Ethan's enemies, Carly's enemies--the predators are closing in on them. But Ethan isn't going to let Carly be threatened. He will move heaven and hell to protect her. He won't lose Carly, not again, and for those foolish enough to try and take her from him...they are about to see just how deadly Ethan truly can be.

Author's Note: BEWARE OF ME is a complete, stand-alone story. All of the books in the Dark Obsession series are stand-alone titles.
~BUY LINKS~


Ethan Barclay and Carly Shay share a dark past and secrets that could ruin the both of them. Now those secrets are out and the wrong people have knowledge of what happened all those years ago. Ethan refuses to leave Carly unprotected again so he heads to New York to be closer to her. He never expected to have his offer of protection turned down and now he realizes there is a lot about Carly that he doesn't know. Carly has her own secrets that even Ethan isn't aware of and she will do anything to protect them. Murder, secrets, mad men, and romance all come together and explode in Ethan and Carly's world - can they survive it?

Oh my gods this book gives me just one more reason to love the wonderful Cynthia Eden. I could not get enough of Ethan and Carly and the secrets! My lord there were so many! Twists and turns at every corner and I honestly had no idea what was going to happen. I was literally at the edge of my seat with this one. Once I thought I figured out the mystery there would be more information revealed and I would realize I had no idea what I was thinking. The suspense was amazing in this story and I loved how invested I got into the mystery.

"You don't own me." Her words were out before she even gave them a second thought. "No." He sighed. "I don't. But we both know I'd move heaven and earth to posses you."

Ethan grabbed my attention from the first time we met him in this series. He was such a mystery and had so much hidden that he really intrigued me. Though I had already liked him, this book made me absolutely love him. I never realized that he could be as sweet as he was with Carly. It was completely swoon worthy, the way he was possessive of her and attentive of her issues from her past.

Carly had a horrendous past and she had a lot of healing to do but she came out of everything a lot stronger. I admired the strength and courage she had even after everything she went through. I really liked her character and how she stood up for herself and didn't just fall back into Ethan's arms. She didn't cower in the face of danger, she was pretty kick ass actually.

Bottom line, everyone needs to read this book! It's part of the Dark Obsession series but can be read as a standalone, though I recommend reading the others also. Just because they are just as amazing. Just be prepared to ignore your real life and hide away with this book until you can find out what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment