Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Marriage Contract

Title: The Marriage Contract
Series: The O'Malleys Book 1
Author: Katee Robert
Publication Date: June 2, 2015

*Synopsis*
Teague O'Malley hates pretty much everything associated with his family's name. And when his father orders him to marry Callista Sheridan to create a "business" alliance, Teague's ready to tell his dad exactly where he can stuff his millions. But then Teague actually meets his new fiancée, sees the bruises on her neck and the fight still left in her big blue eyes, and vows he will do everything in his power to protect her.

Everyone knows the O'Malleys have a dangerous reputation. But Callie wasn't aware just what that meant until she saw Teague, the embodiment of lethal grace and coiled power. His slightest touch sizzles through her. But the closer they get, the more trouble they're in. Because Callie's keeping a dark secret-and what Teague doesn't know could get him killed.

~BUY LINKS~


The way this book started out was WHOA! There was so much happening already and from the first chapter I was loving it. There were so many secrets and I had no idea what was happening with them but I couldn't wait to find out. 
Callista Sheridan and Teague O’Malley are used as pawns for their families. In order to enter an alliance their family arrange for them to be married, taking the choice away from them. Neither are happy that they now have to marry someone they have never met before. But the second they see each other the chemistry sparks and they don't try to fight their attraction. They both have secrets though, secrets that could hurt the families and they have to trust each other in order to save each other. 

You consume me, angel. It's the most welcome kind of distraction, but I can't get through an hour without thinking about you.

This was such a great story! There were so many secrets, it was suspenseful, and the chemistry between Callie and Teague was hot, hot, hot. Teague was a great character and I loved how protective he was of his family and only wanted the best for them. He and Callie both lived the life of a mafia family member, turning their heads to the illegal activities going on. Despite this, they were both wanted to turn their lives around and get on the legal side of things, which is really commendable. 

There was only one problem that I had with the story, but it didn't stop me from loving it. I wanted just a little more romance between Callie and Teague. The overall story made up for the fact that I kept wishing for more romantic scenes, though and I wish I never had to put this book down. I picked the worst time to read this since I was so busy this week and had to keep putting it down. I'm already dying for the next book in the series and hope I don't have to wait too long for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment