Friday, May 29, 2015

Revelry



Title: Revelry
Series: Taint Book 1
Author: Carmen Jenner
Publication date: May 25, 2015


*Synopsis*
Cooper Ryan is living the dream. Between the parties with rock royalty, booze, groupies and performing to crowds of thousands with his band Taint, life seems pretty sweet. There’s just one thing missing: the feisty little red-head that took his baby and ran off with his heart. Throwing himself into music is the only thing keeping him sane.

Until a run-in with a nonplussed, package-wielding PA throws everything off balance.

Ali Jones is having a craptastic life. Her grandmother died, leaving her homeless, penniless, and alone, and her boyfriend left her for a tramp who takes her clothes off for money. That’s why when she lands her dream job at a record company it seems like it’s too good to be true.

Because it is.

Slapped with an ultimatum, Ali must decide if facing the horror of the unemployment line is a fate worse than going on the road with four rowdy rockers hell-bent on making her life misery.

He’s adored by millions.
She’s not even loved by her cat.


Can they ignore their hatred long enough to survive the tour from hell? Or will their chemistry force everything to come crashing down around them?

~BUY LINKS~
Amazon | Kobo | Barnes & Noble


Working at Harbour Records was supposed to be Ali's first step in turning her life around. She's down on her luck, living out of her car, and now has to deal with a rock star used to getting everything that he wants. And what Cooper wants, is Ali. After she literally falls at his feet when she meets him, Ali is giving an ultimatum. Either tour with Taint or be unemployed once again.

The book started off good, and I was really interested in finding out more about Cooper. But then nothing happened! He met Ali, made her his new PA, she followed around the band and witnessed their drugging and whoring ways, and that was about it for the first half of the book.Despite not keeping my interest for long, it was still an okay story for the first half. I still had an insane need to get more of Coopers history, and Ali was actually kind of funny

"Do I own your pussy, Ali-Cat?"
"Fuck no, I don't even own that pussy. That bitch needs a fucking leash."

Then the second half of the book happened, and it seemed like a completely different story. It took a really weird direction that I wasn't expecting at all, nor did I understand it. Be prepared for this rant. Ali gets upset that Cooper called her his exes name so she decided so be a complete fuckwit the rest of the night, does some drugs, sleeps with Levi, and then the next morning actually tries to blame Levi for it and say he took advantage of her. Own up to it, bitch! This made me so mad! I didn't understand it AT ALL and then they get into some weird threesome relationship? I'm all for threesomes, don't get me wrong, but this was just weird, didn't seem real at all, and there were no emotions in it.

The second half of the book is what pushed this down from being a meh book to being a get this over with, already! book. There was a lot of sex, a lot of jealousy, tons of drama, and I was SO over it. I never actually got the story about Coopers past, Ali didn't do anything except have sex, and then got mad after she found out (spoiler) and she got so upset and was going to leave and blah blah blah. If I found out someone did that for me I think I would be grateful not a total bitch about it. 

I had high hopes that it would get better, and was just waiting for more information to come up about Cooper so I could connect to his character some, but it never did. I never actually got to find out much about any of the characters. The other members were barely mentioned and were just kind of there, I didn't really see them as a band and they didn't seem to connect well. 
Overall, this didn't work out for me. If the second half didn't change so drastically I probably wouldn't of had a problem with it. In the beginning I thought it was going to be a totally different book, especially after Ali dissed the band and pointed out what was wrong with them. I thought for sure the rest of the story would be them getting their act together, and Ali being a kick ass manager for them (her dream job). I am curious about the other members and what's going to happen with them, so I will most likely continue with the story. Lets just hope there isn't the same drama.

**Full review with spoilers posted on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment